A Blog or a Cork Board

Pseudo Blog. No commenting, up down features or posting. All features I have on blogs I use.
I do see the difficulty so I’m not complaining at all. It’s really more of a cork board blog.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a question or…?

Duncan, is it possible that future upgrades will include post commenting? It was a feature of iWeb and it would be a fantastic addition. Though just having a blog feature is great btw! :slight_smile:

For now we suggest using disqus.com and similar. One one hand blog comments have moved to social media, on the other they require working with a database on your web host. It is possible that we’ll add them, but they’re not super close.

3 Likes

I would vote for having web comments be the last item on your to-do list. Maybe make it easier to integrate with disqus.com if other Sparkle users really want it, but adding a native blog comments feature is so much work that I think is better spent on other features. Spam filtering alone would be a headache.

1 Like

@habboud, Agree! :slight_smile:
To bring about a post commenting solution a database would need to be brought into the picture and then all the time in keeping it secure!

As Duncan mentioned, Disqus is a good solution and very easy to integrate.

1 Like