Adding Captcha to me website

Hi everyone,
Firstly, I’m a new user of Sparkle with only about 2 weeks of use, so please excuse me if my questions are very amateurish.

I am almost complete with my website and there is one more thing that I want to add, and that’s a captcha-like code. I have an email form for messages to be sent to me, but I’m not looking forward to getting millions of “Bot-completed” messages.

Is there an easier way than using Googles reCaptcha, and if not, how do I add the google code to my site?

Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks a lot,

Hello @lancerobrts

This is some information from the Sparkle documentation that you may find helpful regarding forms and captcha.

https://sparkleapp.com/docs/forms.html

Form ‍security

‍Sparkle ‍contact ‍forms ‍include ‍anti-spam ‍provisions ‍that ‍prevent ‍automated ‍internet ‍bots ‍from ‍submitting ‍spam ‍content, ‍while ‍also ‍not ‍burdening ‍the ‍visitor ‍to ‍your ‍site ‍with ‍unnecessary ‍annoyances ‍typical ‍of ‍captcha-like ‍solutions. ‍Sparkle’s ‍spam-prevention ‍solution ‍also ‍does ‍not ‍leak ‍information ‍about ‍your ‍visitors ‍to ‍any ‍third ‍party, ‍and ‍is ‍thus ‍compliant ‍with ‍privacy ‍regulation. ‍We ‍are ‍committed ‍to ‍fighting ‍spam ‍and ‍will ‍make ‍all ‍technical ‍modifications ‍necessary ‍to ‍block ‍future ‍spam ‍attacks.

So the Sparkle form already has anti-spam provisions.

I hope this helps with your question.

Hi @Shadowfax,

Thank you very much for the reply. So if I understand correctly, by using the standard “Text-input” and “Button” it also includes the spam prevention?

I will go through the docs that you sent and see how far I get with this.

Thanks again for the quick reply :+1:

Hi @lancerobrts

Yes, exactly, if you use all the tools that Sparkle offers for creating a form, then spam prevention is “built-in”.

I hope reading the documentation will help you, I think it’s explained quite well, and much better than I can explain it. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you need more information, you can always contact @duncan

Thank you very much for your help, I’m sure I’ll be able to finish my project with this new info :grinning:

1 Like

You’re welcome, I am glad I could be of some assistance.
Have fun with Sparkle! :smile:

1 Like