Adobe XD plugin, like Sketch plugin

It’ll be great to have an Adobe XD plugin to work with Sparkle, like the new Sketch plugin, please considerate my contribution. :wink:

4 Likes

Most ipad artists are using Procreate - 7 geniuses working out of Australia! I bought it when it was $4.95. Only for macs.

That is a mighty fine app but for artist, while Adobe XD is like Sketch - a website prototype framework allowing to visually layout websites.

Procreate is amazing. Fantastic app.

Affinity Designer is another good app for designing prototype web and mobile app layouts.

An Affinity Designer plug in would be welcome.

5 Likes

@mOehlschlager, Yes I have Affinity Designer myself… in fact I have the whole suite and moved on from Adobe about 7 odd months ago! It wouldn’t be a bad idea for a plugin but let’s see what happens.

3 Likes

Hello @mOehlschlager and @FlaminFig

I also bought the whole suite of Affinity softare this summer when they had a sale.
:grinning::+1:
I like those apps just as much as I like Sparkle. And it felt so good to say goodbye to Adobe “forever” and be free.

I have never used a “design” app for creating a prototype for a website. I have always done it with the web builder directly.

So I have a bit of a “stupid” question:

What benefits do you see in creating a prototype for a website with another software and then exporting or moving everything to Sparkle?

Why not create the prototype directly with Sparkle? Are there advantages using the other workflow?

One I can think of: You can design complex shapes with Affinity Designer (or Sketch) and then you can export them directly to Sparkle (as SVG).

Are there any other?
I’m always keen to learn new workflows and benefit from other users’s experiences.

So thank you in advance!

@Shadowfax, Yes they are well build and I love how Affinity Publisher morphs into Designer and Photo when I need to use it instead of opening the apps individually! :slight_smile:

Admittingly Sparkle is a great tool to prototype out a website and I’m doing that with a present client, but my Sketch I have access to far more greater shapes, drop shadows, masking, etc… that Sparkle can’t achieve as yet so for now I see that as a great relationship. Plus the ability to export as svg allowing for logos, icons, shapes in a vectorised-like format with a really small file footprint.

Also I have the ability for collaboration in Sketch which allows a happy client before I go to website design, but because they are good with it in Sketch I can now all import it into Sparkle which is just so sweet!

1 Like

@FlaminFig
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, you are right, shapes, logos and icons are best created with a design software.
I have only recently started to work with SVG shapes and I love the possibilities and the small file sizes.
Using Sketch for collaboration with clients makes a lot of sense. I’ll keep that in mind. So far I had no need for that, because my clients have rarely wanted to collaborate directly.
As I mentioned before, I am always grateful for sharing thoughts and ideas with other web designers and creative people and learn from their experiences.

I hate Adobe. #Contribution

I get the anti-Adobe sentiment here and the need for affordable tools for the rest of us, but I’m with Tanyyys in asking for an XD plugin. I’m fiercely Mac only and love Sparkle (going crazy waiting for 3.0). It is a natural for Sparkle to have a plugin for the Mac only Sketch, the original and innovator of the category, however, Adobe is charging fast with XD much like they did to dominate over Quark with ID so…

1 Like

Maybe also we need a Figma plugin! I’m learning it and I love it, maybe more than Adobe XD :scream:

My take is can Adobe be trusted! They dropped Muse Users like a hot potato and offered no pathway and then offered Spark which was just a TOTAL INSULT!

1 Like

Well I was a Muse user. Ultimately too much dev $ for not enough return is my guess. When you’re the giant you can stiff little folks like us. Besides, they were missing out on the lucrative UX/AUX web and apps design professional need that Sketch filled. They go where the money is and won’t be dropping XD.

I second the Figma plugin, last 2 UX / Design consultants work in Figma. I converted to Sketch, but a plugin for FIGMA would be awesome.

Dave

1 Like

Now that Sketch is now a subscription model I suspect many will be moving including me.
An Affinity Design plug in would now be very acceptable rather than Sketch.
-Bill

1 Like