Background Gallery

Hi, I am making a page with a gallery. Unfortunately some photo’s are in portrait mode. I am trying to make the background transparent. It works in Sparkle but going to the preview it is just plane white.
Is this a bug?

Robert

I wanted the same thing, same problem. Fortunately, my page backgrounds are a plain swatch colour, so I made the letterbox colour the same as the page background. It’s a serviceable workaround.

I also have the same issue. When will this be solved?

If I’m understanding of what the issue is then…

When using the Image Gallery you can place the images to fit or fill. When your use fill then the images (whether portrait or landscape) will fill out the container of the Image Gallery.

If you use the fit setting then yes, you will see a background colour to the image to fill out the dimensions of the Image Gallery. To have this background colour match your page colour you just have to change the “Letterbox Colour” to your page colour or use transparent.

This has always worked. If it is not working can you please supply a screenshot of what you are seeing and also of the settings you are using in Sparkle?

First image in sparkle (everything fine)

same image on safari

@Kris42511, Thanks.

I might have @duncan help you out on this. I have done another dry run test in Safari and everything is working correctly. Are you using an old Safari? Are you running the latest Sparkle?

As mentioned over email, this is a Sparkle bug we need to address.

1 Like

ok thanks Duncan, I’ll hope it is fixed in the next sparkle update.

I had this problem, I saved the image as a PNG instead of JPG and it seemed to fix it.

Yes, this was the solution. Thanks beepea!