Balloon Travel Template

Two questions…

1. How do I edit the heading text (“Balloon Travel”)? I can select the layer (Text Block 1) but can’t edit the text without moving the layer to the top of the stack and then moving it back again. Is there a better way?

2. When I scroll to the bottom of the page, it doesn’t stop scrolling at what appears to be the end of the page (Layout Block 5). It continues scrolling into what appears to be some increasingly zoomed in photograph. What is that and how do I prevent it from happening?

Thank you!

1. Click on “Layers” on top of the left hand window.
    Then scroll down to “Text Block 1” and click it, now your text behind the balloons are enabled.
    You can bring this block forward, change it and put it backwards again.

2. Cannot follow you because its not happening here on my screen. not in editing and not in the preview mode.

hope that helps.

Thanks for the response.

1. Yes - that’s exactly what I did. Seems long-winded - particularly on a site with so many layers and when the position in the stack is so critical. One would think there would be an easier way e.g. selecting it in layers and then double clicking? Or just double clicking on the layer name (single click for select; double click for select and edit)? I figured I must be missing something.
  2. Doesn’t happen in editing, only in preview. In both Safari and Chrome. MacOS 12.3.1, Sparkle 4.07. Trial version.
  1. Admittingly this might be a shortcoming of Sparkle at the moment. Not to be able to edit the text in place (no matter where it sits in the layer stack) doesn’t seem right so maybe it is a bug?

2. I don’t see this happening in the desktop or mobile devices so it might be something you did to the document that is giving you that action?

1. Thanks for confirming I’m not missing something.
  2. Happens as soon as I download the new template. Weird.

@FlaminFig I agree, it could be made it easier for us to edit object below a layer.
I also tried to click on the object selector in the layer navigation but it does not get the object up for editing the text.

danvet,

Sometimes when I want to edit some text that might be behind another object I simply deselect ‘Show on this device’ for the foremost item, or items.

In many situations this is the simplest option.

When I am finished I turn the item(s) visibility back on again.

Chris

1 Like