Beginner Help Requested :)

I’ve never developed a website before (but am computer literate) and don’t want to reinvent the wheel. I’ve read many of the topics and was thinking some of the experts here might be willing to give me a CHECKLIST on what I should read/view here, on SPARKLE help, on Youtube to get me up to speed fast.

All I can say is a big THANK YOU and promise to learn it all!

SoCalGal

I would recommend just playing with Sparkle.
It is what you see is what you get.
So if you have something in your head about how it should look, go for it and try it out!

My only head scratcher as a new user was to learn how the pages are grouped. My site is pretty simple, so I just made a bunch of pages and called it good. Very easy to link between pages on a click!

You don’t need a checklist, you need to start creating. You’ll learn best by doing. The creative process is a series of endless iterations (publishing often), learning as you go. A website is never finished.

Technology changes fast, so reinevnt the wheel. Don’t be one of us, be SoCalGal.

1 Like

@SoCalGal, All the answers here are spot on! Sparkle is like and active canvas… The activeness is your imagination interacting with it. The more you play the more you’ll get it.

But to help you a little with a checklist you can check out this post - Website Tips - free pdf download