Blog feature adjustments

Hi all of you out there.
I have been trying to upload it as a template and maybe @duncan wants to put it up as a template available to everyone.
So far here is the link to my dropbox file.
You can easy adjust everything to your liking.
Have fun playing with the template.

2 Likes

Hi Swedutch, thank for generously providing your Sparkle-file! This has helped a lot and now I understand how it works!

2 Likes

No thanks needed. Sharing is caring!

2 Likes

I have posted the blog template for sparkle 3. Maybe it make more sense
I you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

1 Like

I am now working on the Blogsā€™ mobile version but in my preview something strange happened:

The Index surprisingly moved completely up to the top of the page, while in Sparkle it was placed correctly below the title.
Is there a way to solve this?

Like here.

@Alexander although I really looked forward for the new blog feature, Iā€™ve also severe problems with it right now. Quite different to yours but still not nice. During moving content from ā€œoldā€ blog (via copy and paste) to new blog, Sparkle crashed my complete site file (1,8 GB) in such a way, that it turned total unusable to me. Had to recover everything from backup. Since then, no more tries for now.
Hope problems will be solved soon.

Guys, @Alexander @bapfoto.de donā€™t forget if you have just outright weird things happening with Sparkle to chime in @duncan with the issue and send him the project file to feedback@sparkleapp.com

@Alexander, I think the problem is as follows.
When you click on your posts on the right side of your screen you get blog index
You can their adjust the spacing between posts.
Did you look at that?
Might solve it.
I did not have problems with that.
It shows without adjusting perfectly on my Iphone.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 14.04.11

The problem can not be solved by just announcing the problem.
You will have to report it.

Thanks for the tipp. I did look at that. And I will report.

1 Like

@FlaminFig I already did two days ago. For any reason my last post about the crash is now invisible. Donā€˜t want to blame nor to criticize anybody here. Just want to mention problems that (naturally) occur to and with new app versions

@bapfoto.de, Not a problem and good to hear you alerted the Sparkle Team! :slight_smile:

Knowing Duncan, the blog will evolve beautifully. I think this is a great first step and Iā€™m currently working on extricating myself from Word Press hell and transferring all my posts into Sparkle (previously a WordPress blog embedded in a iFrame). The current limitation is a vertical layout and that is perfectly fine for me. Yes, Iā€™d love to see other layouts down the line and I expect the blog is set up to do just that when the time comes.

1 Like

I agree. Iā€™m playing with it at the moment and Iā€™m ever so grateful to @Swedutch for lovely template.

1 Like

@Swedutch Sorry must be thick!! I downloaded the template you so generously provided. Now how do I import it to my website? Or is it just for copying the style?

It should be a Sparkle template.
Choose open in Sparkle and find the template and you are good to go!

@Swedutch. Thanks. How do I add this template to my website ?

Hi, copy and paste.
Not more to it

@Swedutch Sorry, but seems IĀ“m stupid tooā€¦ :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:
I downloaded your template- thank you so much for sharing btw!!!
Butā€¦ the Blog section of your template canĀ“t be drag and drop-ed?? Help please? So there seems to be no way to simply implement your structure in my sparkle website fileā€¦ :frowning: :sob: :sob:

@duncan could you possibly please do a quick video that explains how to do the blog thing? i seem to learn more from watching a videoā€¦ Reading the documentation sadkc didnĀ“t explain it to me so that I can do it. Thank you in advance!!