Blog subscription

My question might not be Sparkle related and you delete the question if it so.
I made a subscription button to my blog.
Now, I want my subscribers to get an autoresponder mail to welcome them to my blog.
What is the best way to go about it?
I have searched the internet now for a couple of days and it does not make sense to me at all.
It is a jungle out there! I want to have a solution that works with Sparkle.
Also with the unsubscribe option.
I do not have to invent the wheel again, do I?
Hope to get some good answers and links.

Happy sparkling!

Subscription options are something that are usually done by a subscription script on your server. The various elements of the script, such as subscribe, login, logout or unsubscribe are usually embedded into your site via small pieces of code that can be added to your page via the embed widget. Such scripts can be enabled to auto respond to subscription requests, as well as do other things like help users recover lost login passwords. I guess, from your request, that you only want your blog available to subscribed visitors. If that is the case, your script will also require the use of protected pages. Again, these are easily created in Sparkle.

I would suggest you search the internet for membership or protected content scripts. They are quite affordable and should do what you need - including collecting subscription payments if that is something you may need to add in the future.