Buttons with Link to PopUp Windows

Hi There,
my Popup Windows do not work anymore since the newest update. When clicking the button ‘Mehr dazu …’ it should open a popup, but it does not. This is on both pages: eLAB and FACTORY. I checked it with Google Chrome and Safari. Any idea?

Thanks, Carola

1 Like

Hi Carola.

I see, that i don’t see something popping.

I checked my test project and discovered a bug with an overlay effect. I will inform Duncan shortly.
Don’t know if that has something to do with your problem.

Does the popup work in preview?

Mr. F.

Thank you Mr. F.
What an idea :clap: Yes, the popup works in preview :raised_hands: Thanks also for informing Duncan.
Happiest evening, Carola

Please send us the project file so we can test.

To clarify, @Mr_Fozzie’s project issue is certainly unrelated to what you are seeing, so it’s best if you send us the project file so we can look into it.

Project file sent via Wetransfer… Thanks Carola

Hi Carola,

having a little panic thinking I my website could have the same problems, I checked both of your sites eLab and Factory using Safari on my iPad (latest iPadOS). On both sites the popups opened well, only on Factory the close-button (circle with X) does not work, I closed the popups by clicking on the background.

Best regards, Stephan

Hello Carola.

The problem seems to be fixed. Can you tell us something about the solution? Was it due to Sparkle or was it a user error?

With my “problem” it was something else. It had set itself unnoticed a password protection on a picture. Was it me? I don’t remember that. Maybe also because of my advanced age. :older_adult: :laughing:

Mr. F.

Duncan sent me a pre-release that fixed the problem.

Thanks for your helping hands guys

I’m having a similar problem. A site I built (https://valorbiz.com) is using a combination of buttons and pop-ups to create a panel effect. Since the last Sparkle update, it seems that “Close on Mouse Out” option no longer works. It works on the live website, but I cannot publish any updates because the pop-ups behave unreliably in 4.5.5. Several navigation menus on my other websites that rely on pop-ups also stopped working. Perhaps, @duncan could be so kind as to share what I need to do to fix the issue, or at least when a fix might be released, as I am not sure how to proceed. Thank you.

Also, I would love to help with beta testing of upcoming version releases, if there’s such an option available. I use Sparkle’s features extensively, and might be able to uncover defects before they hit the production, as well as to better anticipate changes and/or deprecations in functionality. I work with software and UI/UX design professionally and, like many users here, am deeply vested in Sparkle’s success.

1 Like

Please send us the project file (wetransfer.com to feedback@sparkleapp.com) and we’ll look into it.

We did send out a call for testers earlier this summer, still valid for anybody who wants:

1 Like

Much appreciated, Duncan, on both counts. I’ve submitted the source file via WeTransfer and sent in a request to join the beta program. I see that I missed the news because I was in the middle of relocating last August. Thanks again for your stellar support!