Can I have people leave their info on a Sparkle site?

I want to post an open letter to the authorities and I would like to make it possible for people that agree to sign (I suppose just with a name, mail-address would probably mean a privacy nightmare).

Is there a way to do this in Sparkle?

You could create a simple form and place it under your open letter. The form would ask people to add their name and email with a checkbox signifying that they agree. The checkbox could be made a required field so you don’t get a lot of replies where people haven’t signified their agreement. To cover the GDPR legislation, you just have to add a privacy notice stating what the information will be used for. This can be part of the form and contain another mandatory checkbox agreeing to the use of the visitor’s data. If you use cookies you should also enable the privacy option in sparkle and set up a cookie policy notice.

But a form would send the info to me, right?

I would like to have the option that they can just write their name as signature and see it appear immediately. But I guess this isn’t possible with Sparkle…

99% sure this is not possible with the current version of Sparkle. I think the solution would have to be php based using a form and posting results into the page, but I’m no expert on this.

Maybe a future version of Sparkle will allow this etc. It would be a great feature to have etc.

EDIT
This can be achieved using Jotform and using a jot form app named Submission View. Once setup you would get the code to embed into the Embed widget in your Sparkle project.

Best,
Scott

@REBB, The only thing I can think of that is close to what you are after is to sign up with Disqus - https://disqus.com. Once signed up you will have access to code you can embed into Sparkle visa the “Embed” element.

This will allow (as per your instructions) people that agree with your open letter to type their name into Disqus that will display the user’s signatures in real time.

Hope that it can act as a solution for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks very much for the answers and suggestions! :+1: