Chrome browser Portrait Smartphone not honouring text wrap

Hi everyone,
when I preview in Chrome Browser, text wrap around objects is rarely honoured correctly and is sometimes ignored… this is happening only in the Portrait Smartphone view…
The same text wrap is honored in Safari and Firefox, however - so no issues with them…
Chrome browser seems problematic a lot of the time, with objects not showing at all, unless for example you DO place a text wrap on them, and set it to zero margin/offset… or other silly workarounds…
VERY frustrating and immensely time-consuming - with sometimes no solution - as in this instance…
I’m using Sparkle 3.
Pleez see the 3 screenshots…
Any ideas?
Thx, Retroh

Nothing we can do with screenshots here. Please send the project file. feedback@sparkleapp.com

OK Duncan - will do… I’ll try to pare the site down b4 I send it - it’s huge at approx 20 pages - too large to send…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Dragging that page to a blank new project should work

OK, then I publish it locally to collect all relevant files?

No just send the project file

OK…
:slight_smile:

Hi Duncan,
when I dragged that page to a new untitled Sparkle document, the text re-flowed, and the layout got screwed up - so not sure if that should happen, and if it’s of any use to you?
See ‘.jpg’ file attached… so u can get an idea of what happened.

So, then I deleted all other pages except the home page and renamed the file. But, even as a compressed ZIP file, it’s 184MB…
That’s too large to send, isn’t it? Or, do you have a drop-box thingy - that u can give me access to - so I can send it there?
Thanks,
Rohan

You can get an idea of what it should look like here:-

• I was resizing all text on mobile devices and portrait tablets because I realised that Sparkle had created text sizes that were just too small to read comfortably…
    Probably a case of not setting up text styles properly - but this was my first attempt at a Sparkle site…
    Having said that, is there a strategy I should be aware of when creating pages that will render correctly in Chrome?

Just be aware that Google Chrome is not a perfect browser and continually breaks the web with its updates - something like Internet Explorer use to do! I would base my testing on Safari, Firefox, & Edge.

Hmmm - nevva heard of Edge… do u know what % of surfers use it?
The ‘web’ surfers…
I was under the impression Chrome was pretty heavily used - at least by Android people…

Microsoft Edge is the replacement of anything Internet Explore on Windows10. Of course they have now allowed for users to select their preferred browser but Edge has a presence.

Yes Chrome is heavily used but it is also the one causing most of the issues! So as I said I would base my testing against the other mentioned browsers for testing to know that your website is working correctly not Chrome. But of course Duncan needs to know about it if you pick something up on Chrome that is messing up your website.

Hi GS,
thanks4 your feedback - much appreciated…
OK, I’d assume that if something works correctly in Safari & Firefox, but doesn’t work in Chrome, then it’s the browser at ‘fault’? Or , having just stated the (apparently) obvious, could it be something within Sparkle’s settings - (which I chose) - that’s having an effect on the browser?
I noticed other strange phenomena - even within Firefox and sometimes in Safari too, where menu items go ‘transparent’ against objects below them - for no apparent reason…
Well, it’s all good fun isn’t it? Even if it takes hours to try to find workarounds… NOT REALLY…
I’ll download Edge now… and forget about Chrome for the moment - until I get some feedback from Duncan…

Send the original with wetransfer.com then

In the end it is for all of us a learning curve and eventually is all starts to fall into place.
You’ll get there! :slight_smile:

So as you can see from this, Sparkle is producing the correct contour, and Chrome is totally ignoring it.

We have been back and forth on this for a while, Chrome is just terrible in this area.

We’ll figure something out, but frankly not terribly in a rush to work around issues the Chrome team doesn’t care about.

Hi Duncan,
I sent you that file - as requested.
But yes it seems that both Chrome and the newer Edge browsers (I installled Edge after some good advice here)… have the same issue…
Edge also ‘doesn’t care’… but it’s a pity that so many peolpe apparently use them - particularly if they use the mobile versions - then we’re compelled to use very basic layouts…
And that’s the real issue - we’re told to focus on the mobile phone view - but…

Edge is Chrome under the hood. We have filed a bug with the Chrome team. We’ll see how that works out, and figure something out in the mean time.