CouchCMS anyone?

Anyone using / used CouchCMS?

I’m getting more and more client enquiries for 'can we just add some images each week" or "can we update the … team / blog etc " — if only Sparkle could do it all (one day no doubt :wink:) for the meantime ‘might’ this be a workaround??

Simple CMS for web designers
Retrofits into any existing static site. No knowledge of PHP required!

NO KNOWLEDGE OF PHP EXPECTED!

Take any HTML design you have created, add some familiar XHTML like Couch tags into it and make it CMS managed within minutes.

YOUR MARKUP REMAINS UNTOUCHED

Couch does not add a single byte of its own markup into your design. The CMSified site remains 100% fidel to your original static design.

CLIENTS LOVE THE SIMPLE ADMIN PANEL

Couch gives you an absolutely blank admin-panel to begin with. Add to it only the elements that are editable by the clients.

SIMPLE BUT NOT FOR ONLY SIMPLE SITES!

Use Couch’s powerful features like relations, saving form submissions into database, custom routes etc. to create sites that would otherwise require you to be a PHP Ninja!

TIME-TESTED AND SECURE

Couch has been around for nearly six years now and is used by thousands of sites world-wide. You can trust it to keep your site safe from web hacks like XSS, CSRF etc.

OPEN SOURCE AND FREE!

You get all this for free! Compare it to similar commercial solutions that will cost you anything from $100 to $300. In case you happen to need it, support is only a call away.

1 Like

@harvest, Yes have used similar (Surreal CMS) for a client to enter their content on a created Sparkle site - they are on the Windows platform so used this as a work around until launch.

The one important thing you need to keep in mind with this way of editing your site is that you need to give your text container extra height because if your client types words beyond it then they don’t show up on the browser. Overall it is a bit tricky with Sparkle’s fixed-width approach, but as a positive you know exactly what you will get on the browser - no fluid-width rearranging!

So what I do is give my client access to their Sparkle Project File in iCloud and have them purchase a Sparkle license allowing them to edit their site with important guidelines to adhere too. When they are done I look over it and fix any issue they have created, and have either them or me relaunch.

That way the client has the feel of ownership but with a professional and helping oversight! :slight_smile:

1 Like