Difficulty loading site to Bluehost.com

Leaving SANDVOX after years, I am thrilled to discover and use SPARKLE!

Thank you!

I loaded my main website to Bluehost using:

www.websitename.com/public_html/
ftp.websitename.com
myname1
password
AND IT WORKED!

But when I tried to load an addon:

www.otherwebsite.space/public_html/
ftp.otherwebsite.space
myname1
password

when I get to server folder location and hit NEXT

I get: The selected folder is not published to http://otherwebsite

So then I click on NEW FOLDER, I get the same message.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you.

Hi @najaago, welcome!

We have many customers on bluehost so I’m sure it can be made to work.

Sparkle is attempting to ensure the FTP folder where it publishes is what your intended web address is.

The public_html in your web address is probably incorrect, it’s not the address you tell people to go visit I assume? (not sure why it would have worked the first time)

Once you omit that, Sparkle will look for common server side folder locations, then let you navigate the FTP folders to select the correct one.

This second step can fail for a number of reasons, generally it’s because the server has some odd setup (not bluehost’s case as far as I know), or because the domain is being transferred from a different host (so the FTP filesystem doesn’t really match the web side).

Without further details it’s hard to give a suggestion, please share a screenshot of where Sparkle gets stuck (either here or via email at feedback@sparkleapp.com) and we’ll take a look.

1 Like

Fantastic will work on this, thanks!

I cannot figure out my folder location on mocha host. Any tips on where to find the correct folders?

I seem to be having the same problem trying to load Sparkle to BlueHost. Previous versions of Sparkle have loaded without problem but now I get “The selected folder is not published to …” message. I am trying to load in the same place as the rest of the website is loaded. Is there a way to bypass Sparkle’s checking so that it just loads?

@JimPitch

Have you tried to uploaded to a different folder on BlueHost ( i.e. /public_html/test ) ?

Thanks. I think I’ve found the problem - always the way just after you ask for help - it was in a sub-folder of the folder I was targeting.

@JimPitch :+1: happy you figured it out!

Just a little suggestion, for next time, if you are experiencing an issue that has been reported previously, i would just create a new topic and make a reference to a previous one you found on the community.