Does sparkle support multiple users

Is it possible to have multiple users updating a single site?

Hi @Nebar,

In general the answer is no, not like what you would do with a server CMS.

It is possible to share the project file using a cloud service such as dropbox, icloud drive, google drive, etc. Multiple users can update the file, one a time.

1 Like

@duncan thank you for the reply and the suggested work around

I exported my files to Google drive but my colleague wasn’t able to import them into his Sparkle app. Waiting for support…

What do you mean @mimimelo by exported your files?..
Did you export the Sparkle files to html, CSS, javascript which you then uploaded to your Google Drive?

If that is the case the person on the other end cannot import those files into Sparkle.
You would send your client the Sparkle project file and then they open it in Sparkle on their end…

I went to “publish” > Export to Disk, created a new folder on my desktop and then sent the folder to my colleague via google drive. I opted for “offline compatible”, is that maybe the problem?

If you’re sending a website to someone who has sparkle your should send the project file, the file with .sparkle file extension that’s open in Sparkle.

Ok, but if we want to continue collaborating, would it be best to share on icloud for ex? I’m sorry for all those “basic” questions, but I am doing all that with zero experience. Iwas sharing the whole export folder instead of the project file. Did not find a “sharing project” section in the docs

I would suggest @mimimelo sharing your project file via iCloud where you set up a shared folder for your colleague. He would open it in Sparkle and make the changes and save it back to the iCloud so if you need to do something you would have the latest Sparkle file.