Email form via Server

Hi, I did a quick search and could not find anything on this. I am using the insert button and using the Email from Server option. Everything works find. I have a couple of questions or they may be feature requests or suggestions.

1- is there a option to add a cc and bcc
2- Can we change the font and size of text that is used when the email is sent. ( not asking for HTML email , just the ability to pick another font used in the text body when we receive the message )
3- when we receive the message there is a field in first row “Request:” and it is blank. This is not one fo the fields that is available when build out the form. Can it be removed or allow us to rename the line/field name so it doesn’t show up blank.
4- Can we add in Captcha option?

Thanks
Dave

Hello.

These questions have indeed been asked - and answered - many times.

(1) No. You can enter a second (or more recipients) e-mail address in the “send to” field. But not if you use your own SMTP server.

(2) Most likely not, because the form works very rudimentary.

(3) No. It is programmed that way and cannot be changed. But sending the form is a “request”. It is not the (empty) content of a form field.

(4) No. For this you need a third party form script. But the Sparkle form is very secure and well protected against misuse. This has also been discussed several times.

The form certainly has its weaknesses, for example, it does not check the input, but simply sends it.

If you have a ZIP field, you expect 5 digits. The form accepts everything. For such cases you need an external script.

Mr. F.

Hi @dpong,

1. currently not possible, though someone has success using a “,” in the To address to direct the email to multiple addresses
  2. an email with a font is an html email, but it’s not currently supported anyway
  3. “Request:” isn’t really a field, it sort of means “What follows is the request”
  4. no captcha, Sparkle forms have some antispam measures built-in, we try to keep up with spammers and have mostly succeeded so far but are prepared to add captcha if they outsmart us; captcha leaks visitor information to Google so not great

I agree the email should be a bit more customizable.

Mr. F,

Sorry if they have been answered, I did a search in forum and didn’t see anything related except a lot of html emails and users having issues with the mail server.

Cheers and thanks for the response.

Dave

I am trying to anticipate what clients will be asking for as I start getting back into this. I already had one client ask about the font used in the email that is sent. The feature with using the email for return is very good. Most other system don’t have this.

Cheers
Dave

Mr. F,

Your last comment on the ZIP field and lack of validation. Would I need the developer option to add in the extra javascript? Is there some documentation on this?

Thanks
Dave

Hello.

My comment that the questions have been asked before was not a rebuke. No offense taken.

About javascript and developers: I can’t say.

For me the form is enough as it is for now. If I need more (validation, captcha) I will use an external script.

Mr. F.