Embedded PayPal button does not size at all for iPhone

Created an Add to Cart with PayPal. got the code and used the Special Embedded to paste the code.
when I view it on my windows and my iMac it all looks fine, when I view it on my iPhone 11 the embedded never sizes properly! They never reduce in size. I’ve tried including the suggested </div> but that does not work either. Here is the code, the <div> were added by me:

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="UN2SKNB5HWPZA">
<table>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="on0" value="Ruts">Ruts</td></tr><tr><td><select name="os0">
	<option value="Add Ruts">Add Ruts $10.00 USD</option>
</select> </td></tr>
</table>
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_cart_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!">
![|1x1](upload://bEhO1cHZ6pqf7FgjLUjjlTtkgIX.gif)
</form>
</div>

Hi @HeadlessHessian, welcome.

I’m not sure what you expect, but the legacy paypal button is essentially an image, it is generally always the same size.

The extra </div> you added at the end actually breaks the code. But since code is not really the focus of Sparkle or this community I’d suggest using Sparkle’s built-in paypal button if possible.

Thanks for the prompt reply! I appreciate your support.
At the start of what I pasted I do have a proper <div> but I must have not copied it correctly onto this forum. I only added the <div> after reading an earlier post on this forum. What I expect is what I’m currently getting on my website. see link below… What I am doing now is rewriting it using your program because I am moving from Windows to a Mac platform and the other software on my windows machine is not available in a Mac. The current PayPal legacy button has a dropdown attached to it with multiple options. Here is the way it looks today using my old software

It works well whether I am on full screen or a iPhone or an other device, All of those drop-down are generally the same. I am expecting to be able to develop the exact same functionality but on a Mac using your product. That is, a drop down from where a customer can pic a single entry and then press the ‘Add to Cart’ button and the selection becomes an entry at PayPal. Again thanks for your help.

Your existing site is not responsive, so I’m not sure what the issue with iPhone is. Maybe you can show a screenshot illustrating the problem?

The code you use in your existing site works fine in an embed element as far as I can tell.

Hi:
not sure why the website is not responsive as I get orders from it almost daily.
anyhow the pics above (first one loaded twice, not sure why) demonstrate the issue
img_4250 is a pic from my iPhone with my current website www.wargamersterrain.com. There are no issues with sizing and the button has the drop down of products.

I Hope the pics came through because while I am typing this it only shows the file name

many thanks
Joe

img_4249 is a pic from my iPhone of the page in development using Sparkle. it displays fine on my iMac, but on the iPhone the “add to card” and the attached dropdown box and narrative are way too large.

sorry. I had to do this twice because this forum only allows one pic per message

Yes I confirm the site is not responsive. You can achieve the equivalent in Sparkle by not adding the mobile layout, leaving just the desktop layout.

Hey, just to clear some stuff up:

When we say a website is/is not responsive, it means that it adapts it content to the user browser view. Yours isn’t in the sense that the user has to zoom (pinch motion) on mobile to read or see the text.

That’s adaptation by the HTML/CSS technology, but it is not responsiveness. Here is a great text to read about it

1 Like

Tried the changes and they appear to be working. Many thanks for clarifying the ‘responsiveness’ statement. I was a Windows programmer back in 2011 when I retired, responsiveness was not something I dealt with. Anyhow thanks for the clarification and the link, I will certainly read it. Great product Sparkle! Great support. cheers and happy new year!

Apologies for assuming the terms was familiar, thanks for the clarification @primo

1 Like

no need for apologies…I was in the coding business since 1969! Oi!!! if I recall right the earth was flat then!
Wouldn’t ‘adaptive’ be a better word? I mean… not responsive is what you say when you poke a corpse with a stick! Messin’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

That ship has sailed I’m afraid. It’s been called “responsive web design” since 2010:

1 Like