Embedding graphics

Hi. I was in the middle of drafting my last blog on the Sparkle app and putting pictures into the text. I’m not sure what the “lock” command does, but after I started using it, I was unable to select a picture to move it. Usually I would press “escape” on the computer and then click on the picture and that would select the picture. But this time when I pressed escape all the text would disappear. Then I couldn’t tell where to move the picture to. I had to guess. If I guessed, moved the picture to where I thought it would go, then under “Wrap Text” pushed “Off” and then “Rectangle” then escape, the text would come back and not extend across the picture. So I got the project done, but it’s very tedious that way. I stopped using “lock” but that didn’t help. Now when I first bring up the draft of that blog, the screen is blank but when I press “escape” the text appears, and it all loaded okay on my website.

It must be some setting I accidentally clicked on, that made all this happen, but I can’t figure out what.

Any ideas how I can insert and move pictures without that happening. Also, I’d like to know what “lock” is supposed to do and how to use it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

From the arrange inspector documentation:

‍The ‍Lock ‍setting ‍prevents ‍an ‍element ‍from ‍being ‍moved ‍on ‍the ‍canvas, ‍and ‍also ‍removes ‍it ‍from ‍the ‍current ‍selection ‍in ‍many ‍circumstances.

You can uncheck the lock checkbox to move the picture where you want it. I’m not really sure I follow what you tried and what didn’t work. Maybe provide screenshots?