Export button doesn't do anything

Hello!

I’m a new sparkle user, and I paid for Sparkle Basic. I exported my initial site weeks ago and hosted it on GitHub pages with no problems. Now, I’m trying to go back and make some changes to the site. When I click on “Publish → Export”, though, nothing seems to happen. I can’t figure out what I’m missing.

Sorry for the dumb question, but anyone know how to help me?

Thanks much,

Lucas

Hi Lucas,

with Sparkle Basic you can publish straight to an FTP server, not export to disk, does GitHub pages have one? I wasn’t aware.

Or were you using the Sparkle trial to export to disk?

The publish toolbar button opens a popup that has a publish button next to the export line. What does that export popup look like?

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I was exporting to disk and just copying my files over to my GitHub repo. Here’s what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.09.49 AM

When I click that button, nothing seems to happen.

EDIT TO ADD: You’re only seeing the end of the file path, but it is local to my machine.

As I said, I’m on the basic plan, but perhaps the licensing isn’t quite right somehow? Here’s another screen that seems weird:

It’s got the export to disk blanked out…

hey Lucas, i think what happened was you we’re still on the pro trial mode (14 days) and were able to export to disk, but since the trial ended, you’re now on your Basic plan, which doens’t have export do disk as an option.

does this sounds plausible to you?

1 Like

Agreed, that’s the likely problem, and the bug in Sparkle is it should mention this.

1 Like

Thanks very much! I think that’s the answer.

Hello again,

So now I have a new issue. I think it’s related, though, so I’m posting in this same thread.

As was noted above, my Sparkle license dropped back down to Basic after a week of Pro. during that week, I had been publishing to a local folder. Once this licensing change was pointed out to me, I pushed my site to an FTP folder at my hosting provider.

But now, when I make changes, this is what I get:

It doesn’t exactly say it’s not pushing my changes to the server, but it’s not. Why not? Well, the message seems to indicate that I’m running into a “pro” license issue again, as if it thinks I’m trying to publish to more than one location.

When I go to site settings and click on “Publishing → Publish Locations”, It lists two: “Export to disk”, and then my FTP location. The problem is that I cannot click on the export to disk option at all to remove it.

So… it has left the app in an unusable state for me, so far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Lucas

Please get in touch with your license code and we’ll look into it. feedback@sparkleapp.com

1 Like