Extending the bottom of a long page?

Okay. Thank you @CondorRider for keeping us updated. :+1:

Now we have to wait for Duncanā€™s reply.
Iā€™m really curious to hear what caused this problem.

Well, at times I am in need of help as well, so I am glad if I could offer some assistance, although I had no solution. But I like the Sparkle Community, itā€™s a good place to exchange ideas and communicate with other users.

@CondorRider, Just had another look at your image and I noticed the social media icons over the top of the text. So that box you are dragging is that the ones the social media icons set in?

In the end this is a strange one but Iā€™m sure their might be a very simple explanation for itā€¦ just something we are overlooking! :frowning:

That was a good catch, there, but I tried separating the social media icons so that they are not grouped and they are not overlapping any text, and it still led to the loss of my background and text. Hereā€™s the latest screenshot.

I think at this point I am just going to publish the page to my website and see what happens. Maybe that will reveal some new information.

Hello @CondorRider

Just an idea I had ā€¦
Do any of your elements on the page have ā€œWrap Textā€ activated?
Could that be causing the text to disappear when you move elements around?

And one more thing ā€¦

Do you have grouped elements within another group?

I sometimes group elements and then combine those groups within one big group, but I realised that can cause problems under certain circumstances.

1 Like

Sorry for my delayed response. @Shadowfax, I do have wrap text above and below my images. I understand that this can make text disappear or move further down the page. But I donā€™t think that this was the problem, in this case.

Also, I did have grouped elements within another group, so I ungrouped everything and then made one single group of them all.

And I have more news! @Duncan did contact me and said heā€™s working on this possible glitch.

In the meantime, I was eventually able to publish the page the way I wanted it to look, even though the screen sometimes froze and I couldnā€™t see the background when designing it - it ended up looking more or less the way I intended. Hooray!

1 Like

@CondorRider, Really happy for you! Now it is reward time! :)ā€¦

@CondorRider
Hooray indeed! :grin:

Very glad to hear the good news. :+1:
Enjoy your new website.