I started using Sparkle’s built-in search feature. I implemented it using a popup, see cedrus.com.
As with everything else in Sparkle, adding search to the website was incredibly easy. Doing it via a popup took a little bit more trip and error, but still very easy and fun to do while at it.
The quality of the search results is very underwhelming, to say the least. Specifically:
The most relevant page is no where near the top. Sparkle seems to be listing pages based on their order in the Sparkle document rather than relevancy.
More worryingly, Sparkle is unable to find documents that contain two words. If I type “SuperLab c-pod”, I got zero results.
I’m hoping that this can be improved on real soon.