Flamin' Fig is live!

O boy this has been an adventure but it is nearly there!!! :slight_smile:

I’m now in the league with Chris offering Sparkle themed templates that look absolutely drop dead gorgeous and functional utilising the latest that Sparkle3 has to offer. We also have well thought out wireframes on offer giving you the scaffolding to drop all your content in and launch.

Admittingly what I have on offer won’t be for everyone, but that is the beauty of Sparkle! :slight_smile:

Flamin’ Fig is still in beta for another week but you can find it happy and settled at…

URL : https://flaminfig.com
Pages : 26 [So far]
Devices : 1200, 768, 320px
Extra Elements Used : Integrated Gumroad Store, Splash of extra CSS, Soon to be Email Campaign

7 Likes

Congratulations! The beta already looks fantastic. I cannot wait and am curious if I will have to reconsider our new self-made website (still a work in progress)…

Cheers!

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks @ThomasC! :slight_smile:

I love the individuality of Sparkle but being in the game for a while now there are also those in need (plus are time-poor) of a really well thought out and built template that just sings web 3.0 giving them an advantage… Our templates well lean towards the eco green and ethical industries (my jam) and then from their an individual can personalise it to their hearts content! :slight_smile:

Plus we will be introducing a support section through “show and tell” backing up Duncan’s extensive documentation which I’m sure can be of help to many! :slight_smile:

It is always exciting creating your own website especially with the great Sparkle tool, so I hope you are having some fun with it as well, and don’t forget to bug the Forum if you need inspiration or help! :slight_smile:

I have to say, and I wonder if you guys have notices, with all those images I have on my Flamin’ Fig website it really loads fast!!! I really think it is Sparkle 3’s latest webp compression setting. Love it! :slight_smile:

@FlaminFig I very much appreciate your contribution to this forum (have benefited plenty so far) as well as what you offer with Flaminfig to all those who value good design and an intact planet. In the new era of Aquarius, we need people who can muster this energy and keep the frequency high. :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, I am having a lot of fun with Sparkle. I kind of finished designing for 960px and now work on Ecwid before I will go back to Sparkle to work on the 320px (which I have not done before and am kind of worried about).

Thanks again!
Thomas

1 Like

@FlaminFig Yeah, I can already tell that all pictures load pretty fast. Impressive. I used to scale down the pictures because I thought I had to. Now all pictures are in the highest possible resolution and I let Sparkle do its magic. Love it, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@FlaminFig nice and visually very attractive site, congrats. Can’t wait to see all your templates.
Regards
Fernando

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words @ThomasC! :slight_smile:

It’s been a passion of mine to do my little part to mitigate the carbon footprint of the web. I mean it is a very important part of our lives but it is up there now with plan travel. So my take is not only to help and assist with good websites but also to have it live carbon free on our servers. The same goes for when designing for print and packaging.

With the 320 device just think 1 column and the paragraph text at a minimum of 16pt. Ecwid itself (don’t have to touch it) will respond and adjust to the 320 breakpoint.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks @bapfoto.de for your kind words, appreciated! :slight_smile:

I have stacks of templates but finding the time has been the catch. I think I am finally launching the first of many tonight my time Australia! :slight_smile: Fingers-crossed!

@FlaminFig Yeah, your countdown is a real teaser… like a perpetual motion time machine! :wink:

1 Like

@ThomasC, The counter has stoped! :slight_smile:

Hey all, sneaking another template in today! This one is based on our wireframe series but it rocks just the same! This one is called Konscious Fotography, with a drone as the star.

Our Flamin’ Fig template range is divided into three tiers…

• wireframe
  • standard
  • advance [you are going to love these ones, especially the web designers out there]

And also we are introducing a few free surprises over this weekend! :)…

@FlaminFig Just a quick update. I uploaded the 960 design (hopefully not prematurely) and now I start working on the 320 device. Wish me luck! https://www.cretagora.com

1 Like

Hey @ThomasC, that is great news! :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to think 1 column when it comes to the 320 device layout plus the smallest font should not be smaller than 14-15pt allowing for legibility.

So far you are doing a great job! You have a decent sized website plus shop, so you must have spent weeks so far on it!
Once done you will be a proud man! :)…

Hi @greenskin! It has been more than weeks to be honest. But so far we are quite happy with the outcome.

Thanks for all your encouragement. I will keep the 1 column advice in mind and let all of you know once I am done.

1 Like