Font size @ mobile

These are all great suggestions. In a since deleted rant I pointed out that I represent the ideal user for Sparkle; I work in Pages, know my way around Keynote, and use Mac Apps for everything. Also, I first came across the App in v1. I was for years defeated by the move to mobile, the ideas behind ‘on this device’ and the later layout blocks. It’s not that the documentation is badly done but it assumes a working knowledge of how to do what you don’t know how to do, or at least how to find out what’s possible. The new tutorial vids on YouTube are a big step forward.

For myself, after weeks of cursing Sparkle, Duncan (who is, lets be real, a saint), and my inability to understand the transition from browser-scale to mobile, one morning I finally understood. It’s all about ‘on this device’, layout blocks, and styles. Once you get that it’s easy and elegantly done. There are still weirdnesses but I’m understanding more and I have my simple ‘hello world!’ work-in-progress website up and running. I’ve always thought that this app has massive potential for users like me. I recommend it to everyone I can and am greatly encouraged by all the recent additions and improvements.

2 Likes

I would be happy to do a video tutorial IF I was confident that I was using Sparkle “properly”, as intended. Like Stemperley’s comment I essentially stumbled upon the importance of using styles, particularly when it came to designing and editing for different devices, But I have a strong feeling that, when it comes to styles, I am still missing valuable tools that are built into Sparkle, which keeps me from fully utilizing Sparkle, and consequently saving me time and headaches. A video tutorial that covers all things having to do with styles would be a really great resource for new and old users of Sparkle.

2 Likes

All what i can say is you will never have the right tool.
I always thought i need to look something better than Sparkle, i went out in the world wide web and discovered and tested other tools. Strangely i always coming back to Sparkle, Sparkle is just more intuitive, have awesome features and not loaded with features you don’t need. On top you have control about project instead with a cloud system.

2 Likes