Fontawesome implementation

Just started to use V4, so far no major issues. I have an implementation question on font awesome. I manage to get it working in a smart field as per the sparse documentation page in the manual, using the SVG option. I am wondering if I can use the javascript tag with the css control on the icon. I embedded the header code string in head for reference ( assuming I do not need to add the tags). When I add in the font awesome string in the code section of the field, nothing happens. Am I missing something? I need better control of the icon size, the SVG is limited. TIA

On the Font Awesome Website just klick on “Copy Glyph”:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-05 um 20.31.41

and paste it as text:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-05 um 20.34.07

The Font will change to “symbol” and thats it:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-05 um 20.34.20

Result on page:

2 Likes

@duncan
I don’t want to create a new topic as this also fits.
In which way does Sparkle implement the Font Awesome Icons?
Is it just a Link to the US-Server?
Or ist it stored into the project? Which means the icons are loaded from “my” Hosting-Server.

I ask because of the GDPR (German DSGVO).

There’s no privacy implication for using Font Awesome icons. Sparkle would warn you if there was.

1 Like

Okay. So this is not relevant for Sparkle-Users:

Partly translated:
Why is Font Awesome relevant under data protection law?

In order for Font Awesome to be able to provide icons, websites automatically load them via a server in the USA with every visit to the site. In this context, the company behind Font Awesome collects data on, among other things

the browser,
the operating system and
the IP address

of the user. Some of this is personal data. These are particularly protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and the Telecommunications Telemedia Data Protection Act (TTDSG). Site operators must therefore fulfil special obligations in order to be able to use Font Awesome in a legally secure manner.

It’s not a problem in Sparkle, no.

1 Like