Forms will no longer send

It appears I have yet again broken Sparkle. As of last night I cannot get any of my “sparkle created” forms to send. I have not changed anything on the sites and PHP has been updated to the newest build. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob

You should first check with your hosting company to ensure that the PHP sendmail function is enabled and working. They can check from their side very easily. You should also ask them if there has been a policy change which may restrict the forwarding of emails to addresses outside of the domain (on the assumption you may be using an email address that isn’t associated with your domain - i.e. gmail or some other) If all is ok at the hosting end, you should check that your site is fully uploading and isn’t leaving anything behind. If all else fails, it may be best to use the SMTP mail function so that replies get routed through one of your standard email accounts.

Hi @bobsandifer, sorry about the trouble. The internet is constantly in flux, and the most likely issue is tightened spam filters. Can you paste a screenshot of your form button so I can check if everything is ok there?

No worries Duncan. Im sure it will get sorted out. I have a feeling it is my fault. The server is ours so if you need access just let me know.

That generally should be ok (unless you have custom domain records for spam prevention, which I assume you don’t). What we recommend in this case is to replace your To address with an address you get from mail-tester.com – then publish again, send a test form, and check back on mail-tester.com what they receive. If they never receive anything you need to ask your web host, if they do receive something it should mention any spam issues with your domain.

That didn’t work either. I assume it is something happening on my server. Its so odd how it just stopped working. We didn’t do an update to anything so I am sorting though everything now. Thank you for the help

I am having the same issue. I have “Use custom SMTP server” selected and I put in my smtp server and port as well as my credentials. Once I publish and go to test, I still do not receive my test email. I have tried using gmail, yahoo and outlook which all failed.

Hi @TeamUs2K, what’s your “from” address set to?

In some email providers, having the same Send To Email Address and From Email address can be flagged as spam or blocked from delivery. Have you tried a different send to email address.

@TeamUs2K, Office 365 is very picky and everything has to be set right for it to work. I would say one of the issues could be what @francbrowne eluded too.

Did you get the teamus2k.com via Office 365?
If not you need to setup your domain name A Records to assure Office 365 that it needs to allow this domain to work with their framework.

Yes, I have tried different send to email addresses and no luck.

Assuming your email address is hosted on the domain with GoDaddy, there should be no problem at all. I would recommend you ask GoDaddy to look into this issue. They should be able to fix this during an online chat - at the very least, they should be able to explain what you have to do to get things working correctly.

The issue was between the keyboard and the chair. The one thing I didn’t try was changing from “Use custom SMTP server” to “Email via Web Server”. Once I changed it, I was able to receive emails. Thank you all.

@duncan In my case it is like this.
On joosten.se/blog.html the subscribe button and the form no problem. I get the email.
On the website delachendebijenkast.be/contact.html nothing is happening.
I have done exactly the same and I have been in contact with my server provider and they say it is the program and I do not think that is the case.
Do you have any suggestion what I can do more?
I use email via web server on both of them

Yeah the delachendebijenkast.be/contact.html form looks correctly set up.

@duncan. That is a relief. So I am going back to the provider.
When I send a normal email it goes in just not with the form.

Could you send a screenshot of the submission button settings? The from address needs to be on your domain, particularly if the to address is on say gmail or other mail providers that filter spam aggressively.

@duncan, I did the test on mailtester and it worked so it must be on the provider site or am I missing something?

Yes correct, if mail-tester doesn’t find anything meaningful then it’s the web host.