Google Adsense and Sparkle

Does Google Adsense work with Sparkle? I just assumed there was no reason that it wouldn’t work until I read Duncan’s post: Ideas for the future (I hope soon)

Yes, I understand the volume of hits required for Adsense to kick in and the other gotchas, but I’d still rather not start down a road with Sparkle on this next project if it just won’t work with Adsense. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.

There’s no support for Adsense currently, sorry.

The only way right now is to export to disk and add the relevant header code with a text editor.

Hi Duncan, I appreciate the fast answer. Unlike the projects I’ve completed so far using my Sparkle Pro license, this next project is all about monetisation and Adsense is vital to that.

Is there a way to officially make a feature request for Adsense support or is it simply not going to happen? I’d really rather stick with Sparkle as it’s a fantastic product.

Adsense is on our list, mentioning things here is fine.

However we need to stick with the idea that Sparkle is what is released today, and you buy and use it for what it does right now.

Future Sparkle will absolutely do more, but what or when is subject to many factors that are unfortunately not predictable, and sometimes not under our control.

1 Like

That’s fair, I understand. Thanks for the answer.

We use AdSense without problems. Just put your ad code in the embed extra code box.

The only issue is that the box does not show in the design board unless it is highlighted so you have to remember where it is or its easy to put something over the top of it.

3 Likes

Hi Peafor. Question…I added the code as you suggested. It doesn’t work. I have used the adsense code in a blog I recently had with no issue but inserting the code as you suggest does not work for me. Am I missing something? Maybe I am not using a correct ad size?
Thanks in advance

I don’t think it will be the size as it usually just fits the ad whatever size it is.

What happens on the page when you view it after upload, is there an empty space where the ad should be?

If so it might be that AdSense don’t yet have an ad to show, sometimes happens when you are showing ads on a new site, it takes time for it to all set up.

Yes…There is a blank space. Its been about 5 days since I added it but yes the site is new. The previous was a Goggle Blogger and those ads started working the same day. I will keep watching. Thanks

We only had blank space once, we made the ad again and then it worked, maybe worth a try? and you can also call it something to do with your new site so that you can track where it is making money.
I always make new ads with a title that reflects where it is i.e. top of front page. Square ad left of text etc. then you know if it is making money or not, or whether to try a different placement.

Thanks…sorry for the delayed response but it started working ok. Appreciate the assist

1 Like