Google Analytics 4

I have changed the Google Analytics tag GS xxx with the new Tag for version 4 G-xxx
and I don’t receive data anymore for my site in Analytics APS.
Does SPARKLE support the new tag format for the latest version of Analytics?
If not when will it be available?

THANKS!

Mike

As discussed over email, this can be solved by using the tag manager mode of Sparkle’s analytics integration.

How does this work? The tag manager mode of Sparkle’s analytic integration?
Thanks!
Ralf

Open Sparkle’s site settings, go to the analytics section, select tag manager:

Thanks Duncan. I placed the Code from Google Analytics, begining with G-… exactely there where you told - but it doesn‘t work.
Google say, that the code has to placed in the head of the Website. I think this happens automaticly with Sparkle?

Yes sparkle does that automatically.

Hi Duncan,
I add the G-Tag code in the rectangle (see my screenshot) but I don’t receive any data in my Google Analytics 4 accounts. It was working well with the UA-Tag.

Is this due to the bug that you mentioned in the YouTube presentation regarding Apple and Google Analytics 4.

If this is the case, when you think it will be possible to give-it a try?

I have 3 customers that are waiting to get their reports from their website hits.

Thanks!

Mike

You need to be using the plain analytics setting (not tag manager) and update to 3.0.3.

Any update on this? Does not seem to be working with Analytics 4 still unless you use the universal settings

It is his now included in SPARKLE VERSION 4.5.6 and works perfectly fine. You just have to select Analytics 4 from the drop-down list, but don’t forget to add a check mark on the activate after consent and add a page consent configured.

Mike