Google Search Verification, Analytics help Please

I am using google analytics to prove proof of ownership for the website. (At least I think that is what Google Verification in the settings is doing )

For Google Search console.
https://search.google.com/search-console/not-verified?original_url=/search-console/ownership&original_resource_id

I have the code pasted into the settings Verification.
Google says its not verifiable, incorrect. Not in Header.
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 8.49.41 AM

Googel ha s4 possibilities, I have tried to verify all 4 and they fail on each.

What am I missing?

Sparkle’s built-in verification is via HTML Tag, if you want to try that.

The Analytics verification doesn’t work if you have Sparkle’s privacy features enabled, because Sparkle produces code slightly different from Google’s in order to guarantee visitor privacy.

It failed on the HTML verification as well.
I tried all four versions to see if any would pass.

Mmmm… I have never had an issue with this and I have done several Sparkle websites with GA onboard and never had a verification fail. So this is strange to see.

I use the Google Analytics account method.

Hello @FlaminFig. I am confused with this topic as it relates to my situation as I too want to enter the Google Verification Code into Sparkle’s Site Settings panel.

In my case, I am already the verified owner as per the Google Search Console via Google Domains. In addition, under “Additional verification methods”, there is only one choice, “Domain name provider”.

So how do I get the verification code or find it somewhere? In googling this question I see responses based on the HTML tag effort. The google results all assume I am not verified yet.

Is this verification code a number? Is it the same as the Google Analytics “Stream ID”?

Like I said in the beginning, I’m confused.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hey Dave,

You can just head on to the property at the Google SearchConsole dashboard, head onto Settings and go to “HTML Tag”:

Once you expand it, there will be a <meta code, then you can copy it and put it there in Sparkle’s setting or just grab the content=" grab here" and insert it there as well.

Thanks @primo.

I don’t see what you see. My screen does not offer HTML Tags as an option. I am assuming it is because I was verified as the owner via Google Domains.

I’ve check emails and texts sent to me to see if I can find a notification of some kind but I come up empty.

Hello @duncan.

I am trying to enter a Website Ownership Verification value into Sparkle. And after much confusion and frustration on my end to acquire the code to enter, I am beginning to think I don’t need to in order for Google to crawl my site. Can you confirm based on the following?

My domain (decarbtoday.com) is registered with Google. According to Google’s Search Console, my ownership verification is “automatic”. (See provided screen shots.).

If my ownership is verified automatically, and Google Analytics is already acquiring data for my site, then is Sparkle’s Website Owner Verification field a moot point for me?

Sorry @DaverD, I have never dealt with google in purchasing of domain names through them so I don’t know how they work things.

But it does seem that google has verified you (your screenshot) through the affiliated product so you may be right…

It’s not necessary to verify a domain via multiple methods, since you already have verified you’re all set.