Help Sparkle grow

@duncan I’d pay regularly for a Sparkle hosting service.

My use case may be different than others. I primarily use sparkle for making functional landers very quickly that we test against controls on our main site.

Currently my workflow is,

1. Make it in sparkle
  2. Upload it to a DriveHq.com to show to the team and test responsiveness on different sized devices. Then, when it’s ready to test, I. . .
  3. Export the code & assets from Sparkle to desktop ( usually just pictures + graphics + css)
  4. Upload the assets I just exported to our main site (hosted on wp).
  5. Get the urls of the assets I just uploaded.
  6. Replace the asset urls within the code sparkle exported in step 3 with the new urls of the assets I just uploaded to our site.
  7. Copy all the code with the new asset urls
  8. Paste the code onto a new page on our site.
  9. Launch it!

Unfortunately we use a builder on wordpress which means, I can’t just upload the files and folders that Sparkle exports every time I want to run a page I made in sparkle. Instead I have to upload the assets, get their urls, make a new page with our builder, and add a custom html/css/js element to the page where I then past the sparkle code. Still, it’s all worth it. There’s literally NOTHING like sparkle out there. I can write and design at the same dang time.

I’d pay regularly — either on a yearly or monthly basis for a built-in sparkle web host that I could publish pages to. That would cut one step out of the above flow.

I always like to place “made with Sparkle” in my footer, and link that to the product page. Also just a logo on a page where I thank non profit sponsors. It’s a nice plug for some great software.

1 Like

I noticed that the credit card icons cover text on the base of this page:

http://www.elektrostatikhilfe.de/moglichkeiten-elektrostatik-beseitigen.html#antistatik-spray

Also, the image quality of the icons is low, so they are not clear.

Otherwise a nice site!
Dave

Done! Thank you for your work. Though I have one suggestion: please use screenshots of Sparkle in german for the german translations. :blush:

Thanks for the suggestion, that’s definitely our goal. We are trying to make it happen, but it’s very hard to create consistent screenshots in the 4 languages we have translated the documentation in, without a lot of manual labor. But since we want to expand to more languages and improve the translations, it’s absolutely something we want to achieve.

2 Likes

Done on the App Store. Keep going!