Hit me up if you want to know how to do this

Do you want to know how to create an unlimited range of custom blocks templates to use in a any sparkle design i.e. 2 column, 3 column, picture and text blocks, contact forms, anything that you can imagine!

Would you be interested?

If yes I will make a small free video showing how this is possible.

Hit me up if you would like to know!

Best
Scott

3 Likes

@rimram, I have a good idea but keen to see how you go about it! :slight_smile:

@FlaminFig Great, well I hope itā€™s not what you think it is in that case, because it will be a huge disappointment !! haha :slight_smile: I havenā€™t recorded a vid with my voice on before so I need to learn how to do that, without me sounding totally stupid!!!

Actually I donā€™t know which we be more entertaining, me stumbling through a video or the video itself!

Best
Scott

Ok I have done a video (badly) haha, I cut off the first 10 secs I think, but that bit is not that important. Also for some strange reason the audio has come out as mono in one speaker Arg!! Oh well

View the video from this link

Best
Scott

3 Likes

@rimram, You did AOK! :slight_smile:

It does seem a very interesting and efficient workflow app that can work great with Sparkle in placing pre-defined ā€œblockā€ elements that is used often on the Sparkle canvas. In one way it looked like a future version of Sparkle with a panel sliding up where you could place pre-defined/designed elements onto the canvas - nifty!

I use a Sparkle file with all my common block elements and just copy them into a new project, but your way looks far more efficient! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

@FlaminFig Thank you for the re-assurance of my video performance! haha.
Iā€™m glad that you found it interesting in the sense that it could be useful etc.

If Sparkle were to implement a similar approach to storing custom ā€˜blockā€™ elements across multiple project files in a future version - now that would be amazing!

Thank you again,
Scott

rimram. I am new to Sparkle. Tryin to make a website to showcase and sel my art. Since I have lots of pictures to post with a few text lines indicating the Title, Medium, Size and the price of the paintings, this may prove to be useful? Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi @mhirji, welcome to the Sparkle community :slight_smile:
If you have many items to layout, then this may work for you. I have stopped using the Paste app because the developer started selling it on a subscription basis, and I donā€™t like the subscription model etc.

You can do the same without the paste app by creating a document with Sparkle ( save it as something like ā€˜picture templateā€™ and use it to store you various grouped items etc. Then cut and paste from the picture template document to your current Sparkle website document that you are designing etc.

Hope this helps?

Best
Scott