How can I insert a blog on my page made in sparkle

Can anybody help me with a link or tutorial?

Hello Paco.
What I did was install on a separate folder Wordpress with a basic template that was focused on blogging. And then on my sparkle webpage insert links to every general label.
It work in some way. Let me know if you know a better solution.

Greets!

Thank you very much for the reply. is there a way to access the page you told me about, so you can see what the link looks like in sparkle and coo leads to the blog?
The wordpress installation was done in a normal way and then the publication of the page in sparkle?
regards

Sure. This is the page: clubcarsaf.mx
By the way it’s not responsive (still).

excelente muchas gracias ya me di una idea mucho mas clara si era como me imaginaba, pero estaba viendo si había alguna opción directo dentro de Sparkle. Pero creo es una muy buena solución el meter el codigo de un blog externo al igual que de la tiendas online o cotizados. Veo que eres de Monterrey mi sobrina jugo en las ralladas y ahora juega con la udem. Esta muy padre la página felicidades.

Hi Paco,
I just finished a small blog integration for testing with DropInBlog in my Sparkle Site. You can see it in www.poultrysounds.com and then select Blog from top menu. I know very little html and almost no CSS. Their support is great and they helped me on the fly with the CSS part of it. Lets see how it behaves in the following weeks! Hope this is useful for you as well.

Cheers!

BTW, if you could post a comment on the Blog that would help me to evaluate that part as well…

Hi Mario, I already recieved this option also excellent. There are several templates? I’m not programming either, I’m a designer, that’s why sparkle makes me a very versatile program. I just lacked this part of the blog. The contribution is very helpful, the codes you downloaded or copied from DropinBlog?
greetings in a moment I comment on the blog so you can prove how it works.

Thank you

1 Like

Ready comment on blog

1 Like

The problem with solutions like DropInBlog is that it is hard to maintain a look and feel in the blog that is consistent with the rest of your site. That is evident in the example that Mario linked to.

1 Like

Hi Paco,
Yes, I copied the codes from the site (html/Javascript) and it took me a while to get it working.
Then I asked the guys help for the CSS part which they configured directly in their Blog control panel.

Looking at what they did I can understand the logic of it. The problem is to know which entities and attributes were created by them. They should have examples in their site.

Hi Marshall,

That is true, especially because you do not see the html and CSS that is behind a Sparkle created site unless you do it at server level… The Blog pieces of code should inherit the CSS styles already created in the site… This should create a similar look. But going so deep clearly this isn’t the spirit of Sparkle.
I just hope that Sparkle team comes accross with an elegant and integrated solution for this in a reasonable time.
Meanwhile, if you do not have a dog, well, you got to use a cat…

1 Like

Hi Mario.

I have both a dog and a cat. I understand your sentiment. Hopefully they will fast track making the blog an integral piece of Sparkle.

1 Like

Thanks Mario I think if you can solve it for the moment while sparkle activates some direct function from the program. Is there a way that you could share the code for the blog?
regards

Marshall Let’s hope soon Sparkle gives us the surprise that you can already incorporate blogs from the same program

Yes, I will share the code. Will try find a way in the next days.

thanks Mario I can give you my mail direccion@clicklink.com.mx
regards

I just finished a small blog integration for testing with DropInBlog in my Sparkle Site. You can see it in www.poultrysounds.com and then select Blog from top menu. I know very little html and almost no CSS. Their support is great and they helped me on the fly with the CSS part of it. - mariovn

Hi Folks,
Jesse here, one of the co-founders of DropInBlog. Thanks Mario for the mention.
I’ll answer some quick questions here and then direct everyone over to the main thread Mario create to keep things tidy.

• Are there other templates? Besides the default “inherit your styles” template we’re working on a couple more templates that will be released soon. The most exciting is this grid / cards style template that we’ve gotten a lot of requests for. It will look something like this:
  • Can I customize the look / CSS? Yes, you can do that with any existing style sheet or you can add styles in our control panel in a free form text area. Also You’ll see that every single element inserted with DropInBlog has a unique class so you or anyone with CSS knowledge can easily tweak things:

For more questions / ideas please visit the main thread Mario created:

:arrow_right: Embeding a Blog with DropInBlog

1 Like

Jesse, thank you very much for answering our questions. I’m glad to know that soon there will be more templates. I am a graphic designer and I have no knowledge of CSS that is so difficult to modify the codes? Newly welcome and a pleasure to participate with us.
regards