How can I insert a shopping cart in sparkle?

How can I insert a shopping cart in sparkle?

1 Like

Hi, yes off course you can do that, look on Sparkles website they have integrated a shopping system.

3 Likes

Oh yes you can! And it really works faultlessly! :slight_smile:
I have recently integrated the e-commerce platform Shopify into my client’s Sparkle created website. In their case I opted for placing the coded buttons generated on the Shopify end, but you can also have the whole shop sitting in Sparkle.

The way it is done is you use the “Embedded” container in Sparkle and in the process of building your shop out in Sparkle you check and adjust things on the smaller “Device” breakpoints.

You can see the Shopify integration in action at https://www.watertonhall.com.au/shop-dob.html
Good luck! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cool integration, but the total that appears to the right side is a function of Shopify?

Yes, it is a layer that slides in from the Shopify end via the embedded code. It just works so very nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so have you used only embedded tool insert into Sparkle’s stage?

Yes, it is the simplest and most secure way to go with Sparkle. It also allows you control over placement and size of what you embed into the canvas.

3 Likes

Thank you for your informations!

1 Like

Thank you very much reviewing the process is very simple with sparkle and ecwid to be able to insert store codes

1 Like

Do you know free shopping cart to play with?

There’s nothing free out here what is actually usable as end product. Everything cost money and some have a 30day Free trial.
It used the OpenCart available, not sure if that gets still developed.

@MultimediaMan give Ecwid a go! You can have 10 free physical or digital items with full ecommerce functionality before you have to start paying which is more than enough to give it a really good go.

1 Like

Ecwid is a really good shopping system and used for a customer project.

1 Like

ecwid was very friendly and very good system

1 Like

Sorry to be late to the party on this one, but a good option, although not free, is the Stiva Shopping Cart by phpjabbers.com. I’ve integrated the cart into sparkle in THIS SITE and it works very well. It’s also fully responsive. (go to the bottom of the page and click the “Take me to the Shop” button)

The cart itself is a PHP script that you install on your web server in a sub-directory. Once installed, it has it’s own admin interface for adding products and images. This interface also generates the code you have to add to your sparkle site.

The cart comes with payment gateways to PayPal and Authorize.net as standard. It also has options for collecting card details (over a secure connection) so that retailers with a terminal can process payments manually. Additionally, you can simply invoice and use bank transfers for payments.

If you’re not too handy at installing PHP scripts, the company will do it for you free of charge. However, your hosting must have PHP and mySQL facilities.

If you wanted to try before you buy, you can check out the demo on the developers website. If you go to the demo admin area, you will be able to grab the code from the demo and add it into your sparkle site. This will allow you to preview what the cart will look like and show you how simple it is to add it to Sparkle.

I Can recommend two services that I have experience with, and both are very good.

PayHip which is UK based, very competitive rates and they take care of all the taxation stuff that is now part of selling online.

Cartloom - is very slick, not cheap. The downside is, you have to do the taxation returns etc.

Another service that is also very good for online selling is Paddle. I believe Duncan is using this, or has used this in the past. Paddle also takes over all the taxation stuff for the user as well.

Best
Scott

I think PayHip and Paddle are for digital products only. Not sure if that’s what the OP wants, but if it is, both are good choices.

I’ve just been exploring the payhip website and they are now set up for physical products. Not used it yet.

We actually tried integrating Payhip into Sparkle 3. Their shopping cart is severely broken, it just doesn’t work with Safari’s intelligent tracking prevention, maybe not super important on desktop, definitely important on mobile. Went back and forth a ton on this with Payhip people, but they weren’t interested in fixing it. I strongly suggest not using Payhip. I really like how their shopping cart overlay looks, but it’s broken.

Thanks for the heads up, Duncan!