How do I make a store?

Hi All, This conversation has unfortunately gone WAY over my head. I understand that Sparkle is not an e-commerce platform, but does integrate with e-commerce sites. Currently I sell my books by creating a Sparkle page with a button that links to my publishers page. It adds a step to the process that I would love to avoid. My publisher (Lulu.com) is pushing that I create a “Store” on Woo Commerce, which says it is a Wordpress-based e-commerce site. Has anyone ever dealt with WooCommerce and do you think it might also integrate with Sparkle? Thanks!

hi

if you have few products you can use ecwid with sparkle or use phpjabbers with sparkle.
Instead if you have many product, I suggest to use Prestashop or Opencart, cms ecommerce native.

2 Likes

@EONorton, WooCommerce would be total overkill for what you want to do plus you will be using the most hacked e-commerce platform out there! I would avoid using Sparkle and WooCommerce together.

There has been a number of suggestions made here that would easily fit your needs.
Here are a few more that you could embed into Sparkle…

1 Like

Thanks @FlaminFig. At this point my publisher only works with a few e-commerce platforms, but I truly don’t see the benefit for me, since I only have a few products and I can link to my publishers store directly from my Sparkle site. It’s been working fine, no need to get more complicated!

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Lulu looks interesting, it’s a pity they only have bazooka-style ecommerce or link to their site. It would be ideal if they had a simple paypal-like order button. Ah well.