Images Not Loading

Brand spankity new to Sparkle as of today… Testing it out using the templates. Using the Publish button to upload the site. Signs in, all that jazz and whatever it does behind the scenes…

No images load - everything else does - no matter what template I use. Even tried creating my own site. Same issue… Looks like all the files are on the server in the correct folders too… What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance… Looking forward to using Sparkle !!

Hi @golfnutz, sorry about the trouble, not something that happens on Sparkle sites normally, so something specific to your site or web host.

What’s the address of the site?

@golfnutz, Welcome onboard! :slight_smile:

Do you see the images when you Preview your Sparkle site before uploading?
Could it be SSL Certificate related?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the quick response… So this is very strange and I’ve been trying all kinds of things to see if I can get it to work. I’ve tried publishing the site via the app and also using the “export to disk” function then using FileZilla to upload the files. That always worked in the past for me with no issues.

FF: I CAN see the images when I “preview” the site from within Sparkle.

D: Using FileZilla, I uploaded a very small piece of code just to display one of the images in the “/image” folder that Sparkle created and that worked.

Note: I have used this server / domain for quite some time so it’s not “new”… All the files are there (I wiped the server of the index and the css, js, images folders and re-published) to make sure there were no overlaps,etc. Very strange.

I’m going to try a different template to see what happens… I’ll post results…

Your attempt to figure it out yourself is likely going to lead to learning, which is always cool. Anyway if you want the answer right away please share the website address, either here or on our support email: feedback@sparkleapp.com

This turned out to be the Microsoft IIS configuration issue mentioned here:

Yep… Adding the config file to the server did the trick !! Thank you, @duncan

I’ve been having a problem with exporting my site… Images don’t load on specific devices, colors are off as well. I’ve tried exporting with different options ‘offline’ etc but the problem only get’s worse so the default option will at least show a place holder with an icon in the upper left corner of the outline of the image box. If you go to my site and resize the window to the smallest width most of the images will show but some are still missing and colors again are off… Using Sparkle 5. Config file on the server does nothing. The form for the page does however work. If I could get more suggestions on why this is happening I’d appreciate it! My site is https://www.chemicalreactorgame.com

Hello @PixelCanvasDesign, in the case of your site it looks like an incomplete publish. Did you use Sparkle’s built-in publishing straight to your web host? That would be the most failsafe way of doing it (though there are other things that can go wrong).

Hard to tell what colors are off, without a screenshot of the original.