Insert an Event Calendar

Hello everybody,
I would like to integrate this kind of calendar in frenchon my website https://lasourceauxauteurs.com. I created it with sparkle.
Do you have an idea please on which site I could create this kind of widget?
Thank you

Hello.

Maybe a Google Calendar in an IFRAME? Or Apple Calendar?
I did not test this.

Mr. F.

Hello Mr Fozzie,

Thank you

Google Calendar is ugly. I will try Apple Calendar.

I found https://elfsight.com/

Someone knows it ?

Hey LSAA,

i have used Elfsight in the past and works well.

Michael

There is an earlier thread Adding a calendar where this other application is discussed LoCalendar: Free Online Calendar for Webmaster, School, Family, Churches | localendar

In addition to this, I wanted to ask a suggestion question.

Is it very difficult to create a widget that in addition to linking to Houfy, Calendy and 10to8 could connect to other calendars that are iCal formatted?

I ask out of the deepest ignorance and because I see that there are more people who, like me, don’t want to use Google Calendar.

In my case I am making a website for an organisation that uses the calendar that comes integrated in RoundCube email. This calendar can be displayed on a website via a read-only link: “Use the following address to access (read-only) your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar software that supports the iCal format.”

I understand that it would be good for everyone to have a “free” option to link the Sparkle calendar with the option we need. Would it be possible?

I’ve tried iframe but it doesn’t work.

Thank you very much.

Free would be better, one obvious choice appears to be the Apple calendar everybody has on their Mac, unfortunately Apple doesn’t make that accessible on the web (not without two factor auth which is a deal breaker), so it can’t be integrated.

iCal is a generic format for one or more events, but not actually a calendar server. You could conceivably export from a calendar on your desktop into iCal format and upload that to your server, though it would be equivalent to Sparkle doing that and less practical. Still not something that can be edited online.

The calendar is one of the many things that can be done once there is a server side database we can rely on, something that so far we haven’t added as a requirement. Maybe at some point we will.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I also found the double check issue, that’s why I’m also looking at PHP calendar script.
We’ll see which one we decide on.

I understand that the calendar is a minor issue because there are good web applications to do it, although having something of Sparkle’s own would be wonderful. :wink:

If your calendar must not be edible, you may use Excel to create a calendar layout as shown in the first posting, fill it with data, export this table as jpg (excel export function), and create a gallery on your website, which shows these calendar sheets as pictures. Easy to create, easy to ceap up-to-date.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I hadn’t thought about it because it requires any member of the team to be able to update it, including events… that’s what complicates things a bit.