Is Table Widget already added?

Right. Now try to do this: the background color on my site is white. I want multiple tables using the following style: header across the entire width, light blue background, black text. Table cells with light grey background, dark grey text and wite borders around the cells. Something you’d design very quickly in html. Without any kind of table widget in Sparkle, I need to draw a colored box for the header, place a text block on top of it. For each cell I need to draw a colored box and place a text block on it. I then need to arrange all the boxes and text cells very precisely to get a spacing of, say 5 px between them. I went nuts after the header and the first two cells.
Sparkle is all about doing things for the user and hide the nitty-gritty stuff from the user to make web design easy. In that perspective, I cannot for the life of me understand why there is still no table widget to take away all the hassle I am now faced with. This has been requested for over two years now. On many web sites, tables are a fundamental layout tool for listing prices, product specifications and whatnot. Come on Sparkle developers: we need that widget now! Its essential! Or must I really go back to using Deamweaver?

1 Like

Ha, I found a way to add a table. Create the table in its own html file (yes, manual code the table and styles), add styles as you like and upload the file to your site. Then, on the Sparkle page where you want to insert that table, add an Embed element, drag it to the desired size and enter the url to your table html file into the embedded content box of the Embed element. Works perfectly. At first I copy/pasted the entire table code into the Embed element but that gets messed up completely. Just the url to that file on your server does the trick.