JPEG convert in SVG files

Hello!
Did somebody know app to transform .JPEG images into an .SVG image that is working fine?
It is to be used as a Touch Bar Icon in Sparkle.
Preferably free or with a reasonable price.
Thanks for your help!

Hi Frenchie,

couple seconds of Google search gave me this" https://convertio.co/jpeg-svg/
I have used Convertio couple of times for different files and did his job good, have a try with your jpeg to SVG convert. Good luck.

Michael

For over 20 years, the “go to” app for Mac users has been Graphic Converter.
Available in many languages, (English, German, French, Danish, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, Catalan and Russian)Graphic Converter can open any image and save to dozens of formats, many more than Photoshop or any other app, The developer Thorsten Lemke, is constantly updating and improving it.
It’s shareware, so you can try it before you buy it:
www.GraphicConverter.net
A free instruction manual can be downloaded, detailing its many features.

Even if you do convert it, there is little point unless you redraw. SVG is a vector (scalable) format and jpeg is a lossy bitmap (pixel-based) format. Although you can save a bitmap format to SVG, it will remain bitmapped (not scalable) unless you redraw it as a vector, so there’s no point.

BTW: Happy New Year to all.

1 Like

If you want a true vector conversion, my go to app is vectorMagic.This is quite a pricy app at about €250, but you can use their online app for a small monthly subscription. You can check it out at https://vectormagic.com

You can vector trace in illustrator. It can be successful sometimes – to an extent, depending on the image. Usually a redraw is better though to get well-placed nodes and a minimal amount of them, which is important to get the file size as small as possible for online SVG purposes.

My goto photo editor is now “Pixelmator Pro”. It can do everything you need/want for a reasonable one-time price. Worth checking out:

Best Photoshop Alternative on Mac

I also like Pixelmator Pro for image editing - it’s a great app that is simple to use. Unfortunately, it can’t do bitmap to SVG conversions (very few image editing apps can). If an image is exported as an SVG, it ends up being a bitmap inside an SVG container, which means it isn’t scaleable.

To vectorize jpg pictures I use two apps: “Super Vectorizer Pro” and “Vectorize”. Depending on the effect I want to get I make a choice between the two. I also have “Vectormator”, but that is more for artists. Bought them all for very low prices I think via Bundlehunt. Mainly I am using them for presenting kind of graphics (free for making posters) on my own photosite. Maybe this helps.