Local Preview Not Working

Hello Everyone,

I just tried previewing my Sparkle site (mobile view) but it wouldn’t load. This is the first time something like this has happened and I’m not sure what to do. Any pointers out there?

Many thanks!

jazz bird

Oh @jazzbird, it could be a few things that could be the culprit, but can i clarify…
Do you have your mobile 320 device on the Sparkle canvas and you are trying to Preview it in the browser expecting the mobile device to show?..

1 Like

Thank you @FlaminFig

Yes! I used to do this regularly without issue.

Have you tried to shutting Sparkle down and restarting it and see if Preview still plays up?..

1 Like

What do you see instead?
The Desktop Layout?
What are your settings in the preview popup?
Current device - all devices?

Mr. F.

1 Like

Oops, it worked! Thank you @FlaminFig :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you @Mr_Fozzie! I rebooted and it worked. Not sure what happened there. It just said there was an error but working all okay now. Phew!!!

I’m having this same problem while trying to build the phone version of my site. Sparkle preview used to work great but now I can’t get it to preview on my phone at all (just shows a error browser window “Safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost”). I’ve followed the above steps but no dice. (Mac OS 12.3.1 and iOS 15.4.1). What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Oops, followup if this helps anyone: The QR code doesn’t work but using the preview server addresses DOES work. Now previews on phone live.