My Mobile Menu Looks Odd - Please Help

Hi!

I am slowly slowly re-building my blog and am forever frustrating myself with the menu in mobile view.

Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I can rectify it?

The blog in question is: https://www.yumchamama.com

Thanking all in advance!

Hello.

Yes, the menu does look strange. But without knowing in which direction you want to go, I can’t give you any directions.

Maybe a start:

• Remove the word menu from the hamburger icon
  • Make the font bigger
  • Use a different font that is easier to read (without serifs)
  • Make the space between the entries smaller
  • Fill the boxes with a light color

Mr. F.

1 Like

Make the font bigger would be just one step - like at least 15, I use 18.
2. I can not recommend the menu from native sparkle but use a different approach which you may see here: https://holzbau-atelier.com
For the menu I set up a popup - it is a modal/ lightbox, animated to move down from top. I then put all the menu items manually and linked them manually, accordingly, where to link to.
I am aware that you may have set up your menu already for all devices/breakpoints, so to achieve “my” way you would have to make the menu disappear on smaller devices and create an extra mobile menu.

Kind Regards,
Uwe

1 Like

On another thread I also found this from Duncan:

Blockquote

Other tricks to get more items to fit is to uncheck the “same size” option, that gives a variable size width to each item instead of using the widest item size for all, or to clip the text (if possible).

You can also add sub-menus to group related items. This is already more in the direction of curating the navigation structure, but it can be really quick to either create a new submenu or use an existing one (click the icon at the bottom of the item list, drag menu item into the submenu).

Blockquote

1 Like

Let me add, that your instagram-page does not show up as well.
Your facebook button also leads to just Facebook but not to your profile.

Kind Regards,
Uwe

1 Like