New to sparkle, two issues

hello, I am just testing sparkle. I have a good understanding of HTML and design. However there are a few questions I have:

1. when exporting to a local directory, initially it was straight forward. only one website with two pages. some images that was all. As expected a few seconds. I have made some minor design changes today and when exporting it took me over 15 (yes 15!) minutes. It created sub directories with letters a,b,c, etc. They all contain images that are used in the site. This did not happend the previous time when I exported. So why is this?
  2. When I add a box, with a colour and change that background colour, some other boxes within the pages change to the same colour. Surely this is a coding error? or what does a user need to know to avoid this?

Hello, welcome!

2- Color | Sparkle Documentation

Hello Rudi.

1st question: Yes, that’s the “new normal”.
Please read here: images in subfolders

Have fun with Sparkle. Good choice, by the way.

Mr. F.

not even close to resolve this problem. just some document about how to use a colour. sorry mate I can google these kind of answers myself.

The question still is: Why do some boxes within my website change colour randomly to a new set colour I have picked for another box?

The answer to the question is written in the link, but I guess you didn’t read it!

If you want to change the color of only 1 object, you should change it from the current section in the color palette.

When you change other colors, the colors everywhere used change.

I also recommend reading the Sparkle documentation instead of asking Google.

Did you have a look at the video tutorials?
This might help you:
Color palette

I did. I have changed every box manually.

The general rule is to establish your color palette at the outset and only use your pallet on objects within your page - this ensures consistency, as well as give you the option of quickly changing the color scheme of your site. When you select an object that has already had a color applied, and then change the color, you will effectively be changing that color in the palette. As a consequence, everything else on the page that used the original color, will also change. To avoid changing the palette color, use the ‘Current Colour’ well so that your change will only affect the selected object.

This feature is essentially a good productivity tool. By establishing a color palette that is set up to show all the colors you’re likely to use in a particular web design, you maintain a consistent look to the whole web page. For example, I may have a color palette that uses only 3 main colors, like this:

The neutral colors, such as black and white, don’t typically need to be changed - neither do the wire-frame colors. As the site is being created, elements will be colored using the main or neutral colors only. If I need to have one element that doesn’t use one of the main colors, I would select the element on the page, and choose the ‘Current Color’ well in the palette BEFORE changing the color. This ensures that I don’t inadvertently overwrite one of the main website colors. If, after completing your website, you decide you don’t like the color scheme , and would like to change the pallet to something like this:

all you have to do is select any object on the page that uses the old colors, and change the color to the new color you want to use instead. Everything on the page that used the old colour will also change, saving time and effort in order to change the look of the site. Anything on the canvas that had a one-off color applied to it will be unaffected by the changes.

2 Likes

The disadvantage is that you can neither see whether nor where in the project one of the 21 colors is used.

How about that?

Mr. F.

3 Likes