No free image cropping

@duncan Excited to hear image cropping is coming. Hopefully alpha masking too? Currently rely on Pages for this often needed task.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but you don’t get it. Sign me out please.

Certainly an option that I look forward too. Thanks @duncan. V3.01 is a significant improvement for Sparklers. (Insert applause here). I’m a non coder and still struggling with image placement, but all in all Sparkle is still a program I believe in and support.
There’s tons of image editors with layers, and rulers etc. Many Sparkle users can fire one up at a very low cost. Everybody doesn’t use PS.

1 Like

With all due respect, although these are all great and useful suggestions, I don’t understand how refusing to buy Sparkle because it lacks that certain feature helps the development of the software. For all their passion, these guys also have to eat…

4 Likes

I would also very much like the feature added where images (including full-width hero images) can be scaled, cropped and repositioned within their boxes. It would be very useful and save a lot of time. Thank you for your consideration.

P.S. I’m a recent purchaser of Sparkle and I think it’s great and has tons of wonderful features.

1 Like

Hi Sparklyn, I would very much like to see this as well. When designing visually (the whole purpose of Sparkle) we often need to test sizes, shapes and crops to get the design right. Cropping would vastly increase efficiency with this. I believe it has been asked for many times. I’m sure that in a future iteration of the software it will appear. Fingers crossed!

Le cadrage des images (comme leur corrections chromatiques) fait partie de la conception du site au même tire que la rédaction des textes. Il est un préambule à la construction qui agence les différents éléments du site. Pour moi, une fonctionnalité de cadrage dans Sparkle n’est pas nécessaire ; une bonne conception aboutit à une bonne construction.

The cropping of the images (like their chromatic corrections) is part of the design of the site in the same way as the writing of the texts. It is a preamble to the construction which arranges the different elements of the site. For me, a cropping feature in Sparkle is not necessary; good design leads to good construction.