Paying for 3.0 Pro License via Mac App Store

I purchased a license to Sparkle 2.0 via the Mac App Store. Currently, Sparkle 3.0 does not show in the Mac App Store. (Running High Sierra).

How can I purchase an upgrade to Sparkle Pro 3.0 via the Mac App Store?

The AppStore generally takes some time for the released versions to spread worldwide. Just a little patience.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

Once the app appears in the MAS, will it be possible to pay for the 3.0 Pro upgrade via the Mac App Store?

Yes, of course.

(20 characters)

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s available here.

1 Like

Yes. Here as well. Just paid the upgrade price for Sparkle Pro 3.0.

Note the ā€œBetaā€ ribbon on the app icon in the purchase window. Is the 3.0 app considered to be in Beta, or is that an old graphic?Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 1.17.54 PM

Unfortunate leftover. Fixed in 3.0.1.

3 Likes

What are the developer tools mentioned in the blog?

There are opportunities to insert PHP and HTML code into the header of your pages, insert code as an inline element within text, as well as the opportunity to link to external CSS and JS files If you purchase an additional $99.00 license to unlock these features.

https://sparkleapp.com/docs/developer-options.html

1 Like

I updated it on AppStore then upgraded it to Pro 3.0 and started playing around. For some reason the AppStore upgrade process isnā€™t working for me. Iā€™ve upgraded it like 3 times now (subsequent times show Iā€™ve already upgraded). It says upgraded but wonā€™t let me access the functionality (like the eagerly anticipated blog). Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, Sparkle 3 is in the app store, but if you notice all you get is an ā€œOPENā€ button. This means, no upgrade to Sparkle 3 in the App Store if you already have Sparkle 2.

I purchased the upgrade to Pro (v3) for $59.99, and it shows up in my Apple purchase history, but the app is not recognizing it. Itā€™s still showing my license as Sparkle Pro (2.x) I did this inside the MAS version.

Clicking Restore is not helping to recognize the purchase.

Is this a bug?

Where did you get to pay? The app store doesnā€™t offer a way, did you use the Sparkle web site?

Aha! No, you cannot upgrade from Sparkle 2 to Sparkle 3 in the App Store!

To upgrade, run Sparkle and select ā€œSparkleā€ -> ā€œYour Licenseā€¦ā€ from the menus. A large text box appears. Select the license you want to purchase, and the Apple App Store password entry pops up. This works fine, but you donā€™t get to it via the App Store.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m confused by how you mention that ā€œyou donā€™t get it via the App Storeā€. I updated to Sparkle 3 in the Mac App Store app. I clicked on the license I wanted (Upgrade to Sparkle Pro 3), as mentioned above. I did exactly what you said, and the purchase appeared in my ā€˜historyā€™ in my Apple ID. What I did is purchased through the app from the App Store, clicking on the button buys it with my iTunes Account, thatā€™s why it asks for my ID and password for it.

I donā€™t know any other way of buying it (plus, again, I already purchased it)

Sorry yeah it looks like for some appstore customers the license isnā€™t upgrading. Weā€™re looking into this. If someone wants to help debugging it please get in touch: feedback@sparkleapp.com

ā€˜I guess Iā€™m confused by how you mention that ā€œyou donā€™t get it via the App Storeā€.ā€™

Look closely at the image posted by duncan above. Note where the purchase button should be, all you get is ā€œOPENā€

Thank you. Glad to hear it!

Really looking forward to using the new features! Iā€™ve been a huge fan of Sparkle since 1.0. :slight_smile:

In-App purchases, like the upgrade purchase inside Sparkle on the App Store, are treated like App Store purchases. I can see why you didnā€™t see it that way, though. All good!

1 Like

Just updated to Sparkle 3.0.1, and it recognizes the upgrade I purchased to Pro 3!

2 Likes