PDF files don't upload with site

I add pdf links to my site for a local restaurant. Am I missing a reason Sparkle does not upload them with the rest of the site - they are correctly done in Sparkle; I had to manually create a folder in cpanel called “download” and upload the pdf’s manually; as that is the link that Sparkle created - it just doesn’t create the folder or upload the linked files… Can anyone confirm this is how it is, or I’m missing something obvious! Cheers and thanks.

Hi @iVivid, and welcome onboard! :slight_smile:

I came across this a few weeks ago. It was a funny one.
The solution was remove your entire website from the host via FTP. Once done have Sparkle rePublish your entire website and then check if the linked pdfs work.

1 Like

As answered over email, a glitch in some edge cases in Sparkle 4.0.x, it’s fixed in the upcoming 4.0.8.

1 Like

My first thought would be to check the case of the file name, especially the suffix.
Is it PDF or pdf ?
Does it match the link in Sparkle?
A mismatch will cause a failure.
This often happens in images, too:
JPG vs jpg
Dave

Sparkle takes care of all that, it won’t produce a broken link. What’s happening is a bug in all Sparkle 4 versions whereby a downloadable files added to a newly added page aren’t published. We fixed this for the upcoming 4.0.8 version, the workaround for now is to save+close and reopen the project file and everything will be published correctly.

1 Like

I did not change my Graphics page on my site with the pdf downloads, but I saw now that it did not work anymore.
Thank you iVivid and Duncan for the remarks resp. the tip to repair!

1 Like