Pop up window function

Is there a way to create a functional pop up window in Sparkle?

1 Like

No, not like you describe it. A work around you could use is via “animation” where you can have a popup-like window appear but there is no way for a user to make it disappear through clicking outside the popup or clicking on the popup or clicking on a “X”.

Depends what purpose you want it for, but I’ve used other tools embedded in (that pop up) for things like surveys or email collection etc.

1 Like

A workaround could be to create a fake pop-up. You create an identical page and put on a box with your message. Then with a button can direct users on another identical page (that has not pop-up).

I know…it is a bad work but meanwhile that we wait Duncan it is a possible solution that can work…

3 Likes

Good idea, thanks for share!
I hope the function will exist in the next version.

1 Like

Not as silly then sounds like. Yes doing it right, thinking outside of the box. :+1:

1 Like

Hello, sorry for reopening an old thread but I was looking for the same function. I was wondering if the privacy notice could be modified for this purpose? Instead of “privacy statement” and an “agree” or “go away” buttons, you would have “50% off” and a “take me there” or “not interested” buttons. . .
Do you think this is doable?
Cheers,
Andrew

I have a simple answer for Tanyyys as follows;
On the Sparkle page on which you want to have a popup window, you put “Embed” from More of Sparkle. and paste the following JavaScript code customized to your need:
Curly bracket open < and write “script”>
alert (“Due to the Covit-19, we are sorry to tell that we temporarily stop serving you.”);
curly brakce close </ and “script”>
You will have a simple notice posted on the page with closing button, and it will be gone opon closing button clicked.
Flealife

One more idea with a little bit javascript:

To copy it:

javascript: alert(“Here you can write your text.”)

Can’t get to work, Sparkle just displays the raw text (

Normally it runs in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi Browser. I think it is dependent on the safety adjustment of the browser.