Popup Slideshow or gallery?

Another question, which I have seen or figured out if it’s doable. Can one create a popup lightbox type slideshow/gallery in Sparkle. I have the Pro version. I’m looking to create one like the one I have in my portfolio site which was created with Muse–go to jeffreysterndesign.com and click on portfolio and choose any of the icons. Would like to re-create the same effect in Sparkle but so far can’t figure it out.

Thanks

jeff

Yes you can place a gallery in the popup and on a hunch I’d say achieve exactly the same effect.

• add the clickable image on the base canvas
  • on click -> open popup
  • create the new popup
  • insert a gallery in the popup and add all images
1 Like

Jeff. I’ve messed with a lot of pop ups and @duncan’S solution works pretty well. You may not be able to add the bells and whistles you have on your present site, but it’s no problem adding a slide show.
It’s fiddly but it does work.
Nice site by the way.
~Bill

Thanks. I have tried a quick version of what Duncan suggested and can now see how it works. Will probably post what I have in a day or so on a test page, so will be able to show a couple of the items I mentioned.

Jeff…hope you know that your nice site crops your name “headline” in portrait mode on my iPhone 12.
Looking fine in landscape mode.
But I dare say most people start in portrait mode.
Dave

Thanks Dave. Yes am aware that my site doesn’t really work on an iPhone. Never completely set it up in Muse for a phone. Rebuilding it now on Sparkle and plan to address that issue.

Hi Jeff, i know it’s been some time, but still - have you manage to convert your “Muse” site to a “Sparkle” one?

I did check your page source, but (if i’m not mistaken) it still seems to be a “Muse” generated site, am i right?

I am mainly interested if you managed the image gallery part of your site.

Regards

It also doesn’t totally line up on an iPad

1 Like

Thanks Chaya

Have not worked on this in a quite awhile. I did put an in progress re-creation Sparkle site up on a test site—still not iPhone compatible yet—which may work better on an iPad. See Jeffrey Stern Design / Production. Since I don’t have an iPad if you want to check that out to see if the same issue occurs that would be appreciated.

One of these days I will get back to this. But thanks for the heads up

I also have basically the same question. Trying to convert my Muse portfolio site into Sparkle but am running into some hurdles. Duncan/anyone: is there a way to separate the thumbnails from the gallery so I can use the thumbnail as a bigger display image that immediately launches into the gallery (at that image) when clicked?

I’m afraid the gallery has the constraints you see at the moment.