Problems publishing

Hi,

I’ve made some minor changes to a website, and I’m trying to publish. The process starts, though it looks like it’s uploading the entire website, every image and page. Perhaps this is because I’m running on a new system. It chugs away for a while on perhaps not the best internet connection. The progress bar moves fairly quickly to start, but then about two-thirds of the way the progress bar seems to slow don, though the speed of the actual upload of content doesn’t seem to have changed. After about 30 minutes I get an error exclamation. The accompanying message is unable to upload the files, please verify your settings and retry. If I retry it again uploads everything on the site and again fails. Clearly the application is connection to the FatCow servers as it uploads for quite a while. Is it disconnecting somehow and then not reconnecting?

Any guidance on troubleshooting this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

I just wanted to add that looking through the server I can see that all the images have today’s date, most of the css folder, most of the js folder, but none of the pages themselves.

Sorry to hear that @Tom.

I think it is best to raise this with Duncan. It sounds like a host issue but Duncan can check. Please get hold of @duncan at feedback@sparkleapp.com

Thanks. I was hoping there was something obvious.

1 Like

Just wanted to upvote this. I’ve been having the same publishing issue after I recently installed the Godaddy Malware + Managed SSL package that they offer. Did this ever get resolved? Can we post here for future blog travellers with the same issue?

Hi @TonyT,

as these are transient server issues, and not Sparkle issues, there’s really nothing to solve. We need to look at the specifics of your server. You have already sent a support email, so we’ll be answering that.

Hey everyone, just an update on my similar situation. As Duncan said, the Sparkle team can’t do anything.

The problem was that we had just installed a new malware system through the GoDaddy website (we do our hosting/SSL/malware through them). The malware system was blocking any new uploads and thus I kept getting the message “Sparkle was unable to upload the files. Please verify your settings and retry” whenever I tried to upload in the sparkle app.

Now, to save you having to wait 4hrs on a GoDaddy tech line, here’s how you solve this issue.

Your cPanel login + password are the same as before. But the FTP URL has changed. You need to upload to the malware URL first, before it will be uploaded to your site URL. It’s a fairly simple process, just add “sucuriip.” before your normal site link if you’re using Godaddy malware.

For example:
Normal link: google.com
New Malware FTP URL: sucuriip.google.com

Literally, that’s it. It might take a couple of hours or a day to actually sync. But it will do the trick. You’d think they’d tell you this when GoDaddy takes your money to implement the malware system - but they don’t.

@duncan Feel free to note this as a possible reason people can’t upload next time.

I’m curios @TonyT, why is GoDady even offering this to their clients?

This is something the hosting platform should be looking after for all their clients - it is in their best interest.
Feels like a bit of double-dipping to me! :frowning:

But I’m happy to hear you found a solution to it all! :slight_smile: