Really need somebodies help... need to have form on home page?

So I have a form on my home page that I need to get the info sent to me. I am doing it the “easy way” and choosing the “email via web server”… i am running into an issue though. since it’s the home page it is just the domain name without the .php at the end… which it needs in order to make the form email server sending nonsense work.
If I didn’t explain too good there here is another go at it… I noticed the pages that have forms that work have the domain.com/whatever.php for example… not just domain.com sooo how do I make the home page a .php page so that the form will send properly?

Any work around will work. I am not too useless so just pointing me even in the right direction would be sooo appreciated there is nothing bout this ANYWHERE on here or online that i can find and I am about to ram my head through a wall!!! i can’t seem to imagine no one else has ran into this issue?!

When you set the home page itself as the thank you page, Sparkle will automatically make the page “index.php” instead of “index.html”, and that will still work with the bare domain.com address (with no page name).

My web host says I need to have PHP installed which costs an additional $15/month.

What do I need to tell my web host to have a simple email web form work properly?

I would not pay 15 bugs for php. i Know webhosting prices are not always comparable but just to give you a number I pay 24,95€ each Month, but with 20 Domains and 500GB Webspace.
A small package with php would cost ~5.-€.

You could use a cgi script instead of php, or you use a third party form to email service.

1 Like

Weird that the core language of a hosting & CMS platform is PHP and they are going to charge you extra for it! I would look for a hosting company that by default includes PHP…

1 Like