Rss-feed question

Very happy with the Blog-functionality.
Being not familiar with RSS-feeds I have two questions:

1. In my webbrowser (Safari) I use a Feed-reader extension.
    The extension is active on my Homepage, On the Full- Blog-articles, but not on the Blog-Index-page.
    Is that correct behaviour ? I Expected it to be active primarily on the Index page and not the articles page.

2. As a result of an invalid RSS-feed report at one of my Friends, I contacted my service provider , if a setting had to be changed, but they did’t see any problem. Digging in further in the world of RSS-feed, I ran a “feed validation” (Sorry Duncan, didn’t doubt you but me messing up something.).
    The validation report shows: "This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations: Your feed appears to be encoded as “utf-8”, but your server is reporting “US-ASCII” "
    Should I be worried or should my friend just use another Feedreader ?
    My own Feedreader works fine with the feed-link.

Thanks for any insight

Ben

1. the question about which page to place the rss feed is a good one. The user interface of the tools we tested is generally “enter a website and we’ll look for a rss feed there”, so putting it on the home page makes sense for that case. It might be a good idea to put it on the blog index as well, or on all pages.
  2. could you post (or send privately) the feed URL and the validator you used? We definitely want to fix any issue that comes up.

Hello Duncan,
The feed-url : Info over mijn foto- en film hobby.

The validator I used is: RSS Validator

Homepage is certainly a good one as it is now.
The blog index seems to me more logical than each artickle as the feed on the article page directs you to the index.
But, that’s just me.

Thanks, that’s a very minor issue, I think the validator is being pedantic as XML is always UTF8, but we fixed it for the next update anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Duncan.

Nice website Ben, video en photos erg mooi.
Grt Ton

Thanks Ton, much appreciated !

Ben