Searching for Youtube or Vimeo by Keyword

The documentation on video states:

“The settings for Youtube and Vimeo videos offer the ability to search for a video by keyword, or enter the video address or ID in the settings inspector directly.”

How?

By clicking the add button or the thumbnail placeholder:

OMG! Thanks. The only two things I didn’t click.

Hi, Duncan. I’m trying to load youtube video to a site, but when I click on add and enter either the video URL or search terms for the same video, all I get is spinning wheel of death. Any idea why this is happening?

Hard to say without further information. What’s the video URL? Or email us at feedback@sparkleapp.com if you’d rather not share it here.

I’ve also tried keyword searches, but again - spinning wheel. It’s like sparkle ALONE is blocked from connecting. Everything else is operating normally!

PS: This is also true for other youtube footage. doesn’t matter what I do - add URL or try to keyword search - no connection.

I assume you use the URL of the YouTube video embedded in that page?

This works fine. Tough oddly enough even using that URL in the YouTube search brings up the same video.

Yes it’s possible that only Sparkle is blocked, for example if you use network blocking software such as TripMode or Little Snitch.

so strange! I don’t have network blocking software. (At least that I know of! HA! :wink: ) Ironically, though, my dog’s name is Snitch. Could it be an operating system error? I’m building this on my old desktop, which is still running Mojave (can’t upgrade beyond that, as my Photoshop CS won’t run on anything beyond this… at least that’s what they tell me.)