SMS / iMessage Integration?

Is there a possibility to integrate a function like the click action „open mail“ or „call phone number“ that works like an sms-chat button?

I think I have seen something like this, but with WhatsApp. You click the number and it opens the message app.

You can do that by embedding the following code: <a href="sms:+31000000000&body=Hi, this is a test..">Click here to text me</a>

Or just entering the linked text in an external link:

sms:+31000000000&body=Hi, this is a test..

so:

3 Likes

@duncan: How can I make this form work?

I mean that I make a Sparkle page having this form,
and users open the website page, filling out the form and sent it by clicking the button.
Then the SMS message is delivered to the designated recipient(phone number).

Your suggestion is that If the SMS button is clicked,
phone’s text message (free form) is opened, and
the sender writes the message on the phone.

This type of SMS is widely used in Korea
in booking at hospitals, rentals etc…

Alex

you can’t make this with Sparkle (or any website without proper technology).

Sparkle doesn’t send SMS neither have SMS sending plans, so it can only work as a passive gateway/redirection tool like Duncan stated: you click the button, you’ll get redirected to your SMS messaging system within your hardware with the cellphone fulfilled and a pre-rendered message, then on your messaging app you’ll click send, which will communicate with your carrier which will deduct from your cellphone plan.

There are services that act as SMS gateways. They are generally not free, and Sparkle doesn’t provide integration. It’s not impossible to do, but you probably would need the help of a web coder.