Sparkle 4.2 release

Hey all, Sparkle 4.2 is out!

This is not just a bug fix release in that we made a few changes to the user interface, the most visible one being that the left sidebar now allows for pages and layers being visible at the same time.

But read all about it in the blog post:

Something that’s not mentioned anywhere is something Apple forced our hand on at the very last minute, an innocuous looking “Install Sketch Plugin” menu option had to be changed to a link to this documentation page:

https://sparkleapp.com/docs/sketch-plugin.html

As is customary for the community, the full release notes are here:

• added option to import a full website from File menu
  • added filtering visible canvas elements based on logged in user
  • added group-specific page following login
  • added combined pages and layers view in the left sidebar
  • added option to not password protect sensitive data
  • added scrolling of layers list to the selected element
  • added support for Google Analytics 4
  • added support for Meta/Facebook Pixel
  • added support for Matomo analytics
  • improved user interface for password protection options
  • improved user interface for the Arrange settings
  • updated FontAwesome to version 6.1.1
  • fixed calendly.com setup
  • fixed snipcart product validation
  • many other bug fixes

The release has been issued to both the AppStore and to our website, though the AppStore sometimes updates a little, so you need to log in/log out there to force it to show the update.

13 Likes

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful!!! :firecracker:
Thank you both for all your consistent hard work in moving Sparkle forward!!! :slight_smile: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Mil millones de gracias!!! :wave: :v: :+1:
Enhorabuena por vuestro trabajo, tesón y amabilidad.
Un saludo desde España, os deseo un buen final de verano y grandes éxitos para el próximo otoño! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And . . . I’ve got Matomo working nicely again! Yay!

2 Likes

Great work Duncan and Co, as always :slight_smile:

How do I activate the new left sidebar with both pages and layers?

That feature requires macOS 10.14 Mojave, due to underlying technology we use. If you are running 10.14 or later, you can click on the right icon in the top area of the left sidebar:

Great work! I love the parallel viewing of pages and layers ! - You are a great team.

Bravo! Great job. Thanks for including support for Matomo analytics and the dual page/layer panel. :clap: :clap: :clap:

How did you setup Matomo?

Hi lpbeats,

To start all you need is to goto ‘Settings’ > ‘Visitor Analytics’ and use the dropdown to select Matomo. Enter the URL of your Matomo analysis site and the ID no of the website (that you should have already setup) that you want to monitor and click done! No need for any embedded code at all - yay!

Mine works well with little of the hassle of Google Analytics!

Hope this helps

Roger B

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it!